Whats your fave piece of music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by rick_arnfieldB, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Lets see what kind of things we get back with this one......
    Whats your fave Piece of music to play?
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Zulu. ;)

and I like Evening Hymn and Sunset arranged by Rob Wiffin.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

We played Rock Me Amadeus the other night. We're utter garbage of course, but it is such fun to play. Generally the horns win...
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member

As a baritone player, I really enjoy playing Hymn of the Highlands (1st & 2nd movements feature baris, horns & flugel), & Call of the Cossacks (Gypsies Dream features horns, baris & flugel)

We recently performed Bohemien Rhapsody in a concert, not sure of the arranger, but it has a cracking baritone part!!
  5. yeah i agree thats a great piece as im on baritone aswell crackin peice!!!! ;););)
  6. jenzi

jenzi Member

My favourite has to be The Year of the Dragon by Sparke. The 2nd movement is absolutly amazing! I will never get bored of playing or listening to that piece!
  7. ...

i aint played that b4 but ive heard it and it does sound like a good piece!
    You goin whit friday this year jenzi ?
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I think i have seen something like this before not so long ago but
  9. Im new to this so i dont know whats been put on here b4 !
  10. jenzi

jenzi Member

It's truly amazing! I've never actually been to Whit Friday before, bad I know! I'm pretty sure my band aren't going. I would like to go sometime. When exactly is it?! I feel so ashamed! Are you going?
  11. :)

yeah are band is going! 9th june...... were playing knight templar we did well with it last time. we done are 1st contest at tameside yesterday and came second so we was really chuffed so confidence is high!

Which band do you play for ???

It really is a great night you have to be serious and everything coming down to the playing side but its such a laugh when your waiting to go on and everything its a amazin night i love it lol
  12. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

The Parr Band are thinking about Knight Templar
  13. jenzi

jenzi Member

I play for City of Birmingham, they are a third section band. I'm in my 2nd year at uni and decided to join a band that has a laugh and doesn't take things as seriously as a Championship section as I get all that at uni! I used to play for City of Oxford which was a Championship section band.

Well done for coming second and good luck at Whit Friday!
  14. Knight temp

yeah its a good peice really enjoyable to play for me i like it nice parts on solo bari. What march do you use to march down? we use army of the nile.
  15. langley_euph

langley_euph New Member

Hi Jenzi! Year of the Dragon is a great piece! Blitz is good fun too dont you think?!?!
  16. got to be joy, peace and happiness which is a SA piece!! its so great!! best piece iv ever played!! highly recomended! (oops i cant spell im afraid!)
    also reunion and finale from gettysburg is great! kinda shivers down your spine piece if its played right.
  17. jenzi

jenzi Member

Hi langley_euph, fancy meeting you here! Year of the Dragon rules! Blitz is a good laugh, even better for people who can play virtually every note!!!
    :icon_evil: <-- cool!!!
  18. ;)

you ever played the trombone solo wandering star?? or is that bass trom?
  19. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Thats ok mate dont worry about it .
    But a good thread anyway keep em coming lad:clap:
  20. Nathan Mills

Nathan Mills New Member

I Enjoy playin Shine as The Light by Peter Graham just is an effective musical expierience which i will surely play again sometime!
    Favourite march must have to goto O.R.B just the reason being i hear it every year and it is annoying!