What's your best blag?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by scotchgirl, Feb 26, 2009.

1. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

yesterday I dropped my DS, and it wouldn't switch on and I was so p****d off with myself.

I spoke to my hubs who'd bought it for me to see if it was under warranty...it was, but he couldn't find the receipt....no matter, he printed off his bank statement and tried his luck.

Went into the shop with a printout of a bank statement and a DS that was broken through clumsiness....exchanged without a quibble!!! hurrah!!

Am so happy I could nearly cry!! lol!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    bank statement
    DS
    printout
    clumsiness
    matter
  3. BoBoHowell

BoBoHowell New Member

Wow that's amazing. I once claimed to have played with the rpo. Amazing how many people believed me!

4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Hey sometimes crime does pay, eh?

5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

At least mine was not an on purpose fraud - you naughty person. Many years ago my house was burgled and I claimed on the insurance for quite an expensive item that was missing. I then found it about 2 years later on top of the wardrobe.

6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Oh just remembered another opportune blag. Many years ago in my first job I was on my own on a Sunday morning doing some overtime at work. Suddenly I heard a ticking noise. After looking around for the source of the noise I discovered all the clocks in the building were being advanced electronically. The clocks were going back for the change to GMT but the only way they could do it was to wind them forward 23 hours by pulsing a minute every half second or so. I waited a few minutes for it to advance about 6 hours, clocked off and went back home to bed and dream how I was going to spend my free 6 hours overtime at double-time.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  7. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Too Many to mention!!!
    I used to drive a ford focus, I was driving on a back road into Buxton when I got stuck behind a lorry. I attempted to overtake it and suddenly another car from nowhere was coming the other direction. I tried to get back and I clipped the passenger side mirror and made quite a mess. (lucky that was it was!!)

To save the mither from my mother!! I told here someone at work has done it in the carpark and came home fuming telling her this story thinking she would be off my chest. Insteed she felt really sorry for me and paid for the new mirror and all along it was my fault!!

8. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

A similar story happened to my friend when he got burgled. For insurance puroses he told them that 2 flat screen tv's were stolen. They caught the burgler and admitted there was only one and nearly got himself into alot of trouble!!

9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

The best one ive ever done is;
    I use my local swiming baths each day of the week and take out a yearly membership,this also entitles you to use the Gym as well.
    3 years ago they had a different system in operation where you showed a card with the date of expiry on it;
    I overheard a conversation between some one who was going to use the gym and a member of staff who said the following;"
    "If you only use your membership card for swimming we dont know when your expiry comes up unless you tell us"
    Well my card was due to expire in a months time so i tought i will just have to show my card and thats it;
    Well for 15 months after that is all i did until a member of staff said
    "Ian that card is out of date have you got the new style of swipe card?"
    O dear i thought ive been rumbled here:eek:.
    So i quickly said
    "Ive paid my membership for last 12 months but ive forgot to renew it"
    So the staff checked it out and said"Youve not paid it for over 12 months"
    I said "Sorry about that i how much do i owe i dont mind paying to bring it up to date"
    Well they said "It's our fault to be honest we should have asked you for it so we will stand the loss of £400.00:oops:"
    I knew i would get caught out in the end but for 15 months it was a great :clap:
    So i paid my new membership up there and then:biggrin: