What's This?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Maestro, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. Maestro

    Maestro Active Member

    Got shown one of these recently. There is no name on it or any manafacturer.
    It shows all notes of every scale and most chords.
    Has anyone any idea what it is, or if U can get hold of one. My mate got it in a car boot sale for 50p, and he wont let me have it.
    All help as usual greatly appreciated

    Attached Files:

  2. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    The keyboard at the top resembles that of the stylophone. The pads are probably what they look like ... chords with the options of maj/min/aug/dim adding 6th/7th/9ths etc. Does it have a pen type tool to play the keys?
  3. Maestro

    Maestro Active Member

    Just input by fingers.
    The keyboard at the top has dots which shows the notes in the scale or the chord, of whatever you put it.

    ie: press E then scale and the notes/dots appear on the keyboard for the scale of E major.
    No sound on it at all. It is just purely for learning the notes of scales and chords, and now I want one. I think it would be great for a teaching aid.

    Actually Tom, I was hoping that your first reply to this would provide me with the answer. :biggrin:
  4. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    So did I ... :oops: So it's a musical calculator then?
  5. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    Something like this?
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  6. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

    Here's a PC version with which you can hear your doodles ... the Lite version is the freeware one.

Share This Page