What's the weirdest thing you've crashed into!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by matty1986, May 13, 2009.

1. matty1986

matty1986 Member

I was out doing some running around today, i'd just got back in my car and pulled away from the curb when a bed from a nearby shop came flying down the road at me being pushed by the wind and hit the front of my car (luckily causing no damage).

This has got me wondering, what's the weirdest thing's you've been hit by.

Please Discuss!! Enjoy :)
  2. matty1986

matty1986 Member

I've just thought, earlier in the day and soft football came flying over a school fence and landed on my windshield. I think someones taken a hit out on me, I might go into hiding!!
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Not in a car but on a coach and not so much what hit us as what we hit. We were on a band tour to Italy and we had a recently licensed driver (ex-motorcycle police man) who managed to hit:

1) A parked cycle resting on a sign-post
    2) A sign-post supporting a parked cycle
    3) A VW Polo (took off side mirror and wing)
    4) A large parked German luxury coach - took off floppy rabbit ears type side mirrors and scratched all the way down side and
    5) Entrance to a cross-Switzerland tunnel
  4. numptycornet

numptycornet Member

I was on tour in Scotland with a theatre company about twenty years ago. My friend and I had been out shopping and were running back - late - to meet the coach to take us to that night's performance. It was a very windy day and suddenly a seagull which had just taken off from a nearby building badly misjudged things and was blown straight out of the sky and into my friend's head!

I was about 5 yards behind her (running is not my thing!) and have never laughed so much.

She said it really hurt!

5. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Not such a strange thing to bump into, just the end result I suppose... Was driving along minding my own business, as you do, when quite a large bird flew up from the road in front of my car. :eek:

Well, I thought it had gotten away as there was no noise, no feathers, and I couldn't see it in my rearview... Anyway - I pulled up at home but had to go straight out again; it was only when hubby shouted out that I realised the poor bird had gone up through the front of the car and was poking out of the front grille...! :shock:

All you could see were 2 wings spread-eagled on the bumper and a bird with an obviously broken neck dripping blood from it's nostrils. Not quite the same as the phantom lady on a roller, but it did explain why people were pointing at the car as I drove past them... :wow Shouldn't laugh really, but it did make a great photo; now where did I put it...?
  6. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I got stung by a bee in the face when I was driving and then crashed into a post when I was uni. Literally the bee hit the bottom lid of my eye - ouch!
  7. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Many years ago I was riding a motorbike with a pillion passenger and a wasp hit my chest, went up
    and round the back of my neck and down my back inside my t-shirt stinging all the way.
    I braked hard, doing myself a mischief on the tank, swerved onto a grass verge and exited the bike
    at high speed leaving the poor pillion struggling to hold a heavy bike upright! Much stripping off
    and jumping on said t-shirt ensued :) So it was that I learnt at a young age to do up my bike
    jacket at the neck! The bike survived, the pillion never rode with me again :)

8. rikster

rikster New Member

Driving to work one morning at 4am along a very twisty country road, I drove around around a bend and collided with two mating deer, who were in the middle of the road. The collision stove in the off side wing of my ford cortina, and to make matters worse the stag was obviously so p****d off that he kicked out with his hind legs and put his hoof through my radiator, I think the recovery mechanic is still laughing now.
  9. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

lol... :biggrin:

I was once in a bus - we were tootling along, making steady progress, when suddenly there was a crack. The driver stopped. He got out of his cab, marched to the front of the bus, and phoned what was obviously a colleague. No answer, so, bending down, he picked something up and got back on the bus grinning. It turned out we'd run over the walking stick of an elderly lady who had got onto the bus a stop before. How did it get there? lol! (End of lousy anecdote)