Whats That All About???????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by little_miss_marcroft, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Shopping today... and I swear, someone tattooed "TAKE YOUR MOOD OUT ON ME" across my fore head. What is it with people who have prams, who think they OWN the street, and EVERY aisle in EVERY shop?!!!! :mad:

First... a woman/GIRL/thing :mad: literally barges past me in the street, knocking my shopping literally EVERYWHERE. She turns around to see me on my hands and knees, doesnt even bat an eye lid and continues pushing her pram, in her 69 inched heels up the street. As if thats not bad enough... I *then* went into boots, where some reeeeaaaaaally loud mouth gobby mum, with about a million children all causing havoc... taking things off the shelves and literally THROWING THEM on the floor, parked her pram (equipt with screaming baby) in the middle of an aisle. And when I moved it SLIGHTLY (and I'm talking inches) she decided to speak to me like I was one of her disruptive, foul mouthed RUDE children.

Then when I was walking home, an elderly lady decided to burst one of her many veins, whilst pointing out, with a rather harsh vocabulary.. that I am a perfect example of "kids today".... all because my empty bottle of evian blew out of my carrier bag and into the road :shock: . Maybe it's just me, but did anyone else notice it has been blowing a gale today?!!!! :mad: WHAT DID SHE WANT ME TO DO?!?!?!?! :shock: Run in the road and get run over by a bus to protect the environment?!!! :mad:

Anyone else ever had a day like that?! Or is it just me?!?! I mean... there's having respect for stressed out mothers with children, and there's having respect for your elders... but JEEEEESUS WEPT!!!!!!!! Some people are just downright rude... and next time... I *will* be speaking my mind.

:mad: :mad: BEWARE :mad: :mad:
  2. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

You have my sympathy! I've had a lot of not so nice things happen in the last week, all pretty small but they sure add up. These include: setting fire to stuff in the kitchen (oops!), fuses blowing in my car, a tooth infection, unexplained water on the floor of the car soaking my trousers today and a cancelled band committee meeting after I had stayed in Aberdeen for an hour after work killing time for it..... but well, what can I do? At the end of the day I'm still alive and there are many many good things going on in my life that far outweigh the negative ones. So I smile and snuggle my teddy bear under the duvet, laptop on my knee...

...Oh I didn't mention that it's winter again already, and I have no heating! :shock:

3. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I get to talk to some really rude people sometime in my job and it's really upsets you!!! It makes you think WHY?. You get some people that will answer NOOOOOO or YESSSSS in the middle of your question! that is really rude! you also get the people who can't be bothered to go through all the questions and just want you to hurry up!!. I find the best way to deal with that sort of person is to go on a "Go Slow" and the worst of all is the "No it all person" who thinks your just born yesterday!!!:x :x

Anyway "Treat people how you would want to be treated yourself":hammer
  4. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Er....Mods, can you rename this thread 'The PMT Room'?? :rolleyes: ;) :ranting2:
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

You mean you don't already...;)
  6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

;) Cheeky! :shock:

*gets out little black book and pencil...*
  7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

"The PMT Room" isn't that one of those Japanese flash games people keep posting here? :-?
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wouldn't surprise me!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As one who's spent most of my working life dealing with people in varous capacities, you have to get used to a certain amount of abuse and abrasiveness. What tends to get to me more than anything else, though, are those people who may have bumped into you by accident, for example, but then show no awareness that they've done anything wrong. There seem to be those who show a total lack of consideration for others - it may not even be deliberate, but they are just so caught up in their own affairs that they seem to go around with tunnel vision all day.
  11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thought you'd like that one... :)
  12. But the answers simple though... just dont **** me off :)
  13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Great a kick-off thread. Here's my rant, not that I'm known for it but what do you think about people in busy bars, pubs, clubs who insist on propping up the bar?

Last Friday night went to a fantastic Swing Band concert at the Boardwalk Sheffield, big bar and very busy. Eventually get to the front to see a huddle of 4 blokes all halfway down their beer and taking up a quarter of the available bar space. OK nice position to be in if you don't want to que for the next pint, just push in wont you, meanwhile the rest of us will wait our turn at what's left of the bar.

Why don't bar staff ask the bar huggers to push off and let the rest of the customers buy their beer or does it mean they're not kept so busy.

Saturday night meet up at the usual Witherspoons in Sheffield to find the que at the bar is 5 deep and takes for ever to get served. After about an hour the que reduces as people move on to other bars only to discover that half the bar staff decide to take advantage of the "lull" and take a fag, tea, p break whatever and still takes for ever to get served.

Rant over thank you.
  14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Every Thursday night my local gets invaded by a bunch of ponsy media wan***s dressed in oh so trendy gear and ridiculous hairstyles , affecting mockney accents and drinking **** bottled lager with bits of lime stuck in top. They hog bar and really pi** me off with their "Can I get a beer" (No.F*** off . We are in London , not the states). By half nine they are pi**ed , and then we get 25 renditions of "Sweet Caroline" on the jukebox whilst these pratts attempt to get everyone up and singing with them.Then its time for the inevitable fallings out and falling over.Ooh , you can drink tequila slammers.Very impressive.NOW GET THE F*** OUT OF MY PUB!!!.I swear , one of these nights I'm going to lose it and do some damage to them.
  15. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

^ive had a really bad morning and for a friday i dont usually care since the weekend is just round the corner YET im going to moan,

I work for an insurance firm, 9am this morning i was walking to work and some clever grrrr decided to splash me with a puddle and so did every other vehicle there after. I DID NOT FINE IT FUNNY!,

I got to work, said Good Morning to my lovely office chums and sat down, finding out someone had swoped my chair and thats a big NO NO, and files littered my desk,

My system wasnt working so ive got posit notes all over my desk which i hate with a passion, and my mum decides to make more work for me. I dont get lunch till half 1 and then i cant rest incase someone calls for me. I go to kwick save on my break and they have no bacon left. SHOCK HORROR. AND its still only 12:30 Plus the toliets are out of order grumble!
  16. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Flugelgal's Tip For Having a Good Day

1. Smile...
    2. Think about that person that upset you - Did they mean to do it? Do they have priorities that are different from yours? Maybe they are having a bad day too, and just didn't think that what they were doing was upsetting.
    3. Smile again...
    4. Think about something nice that's happening in your life, and focus on it.
    5. Smile again...
    6. Think about someone/something special (this could be a family member or a friend who has done a nice thing for you - or maybe the way that the one you love looked at you, or smiled at you once).
    7. Smile again...
    8. Now - if it's not a real smile then try thinking about how silly a lot of the things that we get upset about really are. (eg. read my post above here - why do I get worked up over silly things like no heating - after all, I'm moving out of that house in less than 6 weeks!)
    9. SMILE!!!
    Disclaimer: This works for me pretty much every time. If this doesn't work for you, then please don't blame me, just smile! :biggrin:
  17. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

^ What About Hugs?!?! They Always Make Me Feel Better!
  18. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I don't have any of those handy (however, I carry a smile around with me everywhere), but they help too! If you have a hugger handy, I'd use it if I were you ;) .
  19. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

^just Hugged 4 People In My Office I Feel Better Now!
  20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Maybe that's not such a bad idea... a ladies-only thread.
    Anyone see Michael Palin the other week? There's a village in Nepal where all the women have to go at certain times of the month and stay there for a week. While I deplore their stupid reasons for enforcing it, I must say the idea appeals. One week shouting at husband and kids, then a week staying with the girls, no kids, no men, getting up when you feel like it and eating lbs of chocolate, fan-flippin'-tastic!