What's on Sunday Bandstand this week...? - Here is a taster of what is to come....

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ChrisHelme, Apr 3, 2015.

1. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Another fab show for you this Sunday - Gilbert Vinter's Spectrum a fabulous performance from Sun Life Stanshawe Band and Philip Wilby's Psalms and Alleluias - will be the two test pieces on the show. I have performances from bands from Japan, The Netherlands, USA and New Zealand a real international flavour. Of course I have some great soloists - the late Brian Evans one if not the greatest soprano cornet players of all time playing us through Easter the Mascagni's Easter Hymn Intermezzo, The highly respected Trevor Bremner a great cornet soloist from New Zealand a legend on the southern hemisphere band scene and someone who has been around a long time. Mic Tyler the 2006 solo euphonium player at the West Yorkshire based Drighlington Band gives a fine performance of Karl Jenkins Benedictus. Our second euphonium soloist is David Henderson from the Kentucky based Lexington Band.

In my two hour show there is lots more great music from the world of brass bands - don't miss the link I will place on here Sunday night / Monday morning..... Have a great holiday this Easter - Good luck to all those band's taking part in the 2015 Centenary of ANZAC - Australian National Band Championships - I know we have many listeners who tune into the show (and The Mouthpiece.Com website) from Australia via the internet.

Best Wishes