What's in a name?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Oct 10, 2005.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

LittleBabyBadger has just cheerfully informed me that one of her teachers is called Mrs. Human.
    I think it's Mrs. Newman but she will be Mrs. Human in our household for the next 7 years...
    BMB
    xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    name
    Mrs.
    one
    Mrs. Newman
    Mrs. Human
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

well.. lets see.. in my name.. there's a B, and an E and an N!! :D

4. bigmamabadger

Nbe! I think it's Swahili for rabbit...:p

BMB
    xx

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wow! Co-incidently I saw a sign in BHS for a Welsh Rarebit Paninni.. what's Welsh Rarebit?

6. bigmamabadger

It's the posh name for cheese-on-toast. Often involves adding beer or cider to the cheese. Very nice. Not to be confused with Welsh rabbit which is a poor imitation. (Cheese on Dai Bun? Coat...)

BMB
    xx

7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Google it, you'll be amazed...

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Oh! I thought it was meat! :eek:

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

In some places, welsh rarebit has mashed potato as well as cheese on the toast ;)

10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I love the things kids say. You won't find a better one than that from my daughter Natalie. When asked who was Martin Luther King she said, 'isn't he the one who said "Is it cus I is black"

(getting confused with Sasha Baron Cohen a.k.a. Ali G)

11. bigmamabadger

I am a wicked mother and occasionally make wild and improbable threats against my daughter. Her favourite one is "Be quiet or I'll beat you with a wet fish". I said this to her and her friend Arran while we were in the car so they started trying to better the wet fish. Threats became more and more violent including hammers, big sticks, knives, until Amy, with an air of unbeatable smugness said to Arran, "Shut up or I'll beat you with chickens".

Arran was silenced and Mummy nearly went off the road.
    BMB
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    name
    Mrs.
    one
    Mrs. Newman
    Mrs. Human
  13. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

when my grandma makes welsh rarebit, its melted cheese and chopped up tomato on toast. (the cheese and the tomato are mixed together)