What would you do if....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nickjones, Jan 10, 2005.

?

would you tell all if you could?

1. yes

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. no

18 vote(s)
    41.9%
  1. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

You heard from a reliable source about some player moves and music choices for competitions this year?

would you keep quiet or tell all....

2. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

so tell all (please)

you can always add the occassional "allegedly" and "according to a reliable source" to avoid any unwanted libels

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If I were you, I'd sit back with a smug look on your face and wait for the official announcement - that way you won't upset anyone by giving away any secrets, or put a spanner in the works if things are not yet set in concrete.

Regarding the question of music choices, it has been known for things to be switched if choices are leaked.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

One more point: if the revelation on music choices concerns a band's selection for an Own Choice contest, then a reminder to everyone that it is tMP policy that Own Choice selections must not be made public :shock:

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

How petty. If it's no business of yours then surely it is a private matter for the players concerned. I've had this happen to me concerning a proposed career move and life was made very difficult for me because of it. Always ask yourself one question - "How would I feel?"

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Thanks Mr Bale just the answer I was looking for.....

7. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I can sit back with a smug look on my face...
    Im sure it will be a point of topic soon.
    Ahhh, Smug mode (In a Kryton-style (Red Dwarf for the uneducated!))

8. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Nope that will be another one.. :eek:

9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

If was someone from a band who you did not like or had a old score to settle with them then yes i would.:-D

But if it was a member of your own band then keep quiet about it :shock:

10. skweeky

skweeky Member

personally i would keep them to myself. It is unfair to give a band an advantage/disadvantage by spilling their testpiece choice. Plus tMP would end up deleting the post anyway. :)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    source
    all
    player moves
    music choices
    competitions
  12. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Absolutely delighted that someone would care enough to spread a rumour about me moving to another band. :D

Obviously test piece choices should not be publicised in the interests of sportsmanship, but as regards rumours and innuendo its up to you to weigh it up and see whether its a good or a bad thing to publicise it.

13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yes, but it is also up to us to decide whether to allow such rumours to be discussed on tMP! ;) We've seen it happen before when sites have been taken for a ride and publish totally unfounded rumours - that proved to me totally made up and were probably just a bit of mischief-making.

Like Peter has said alread in this thread - it's best to wait till an official announcement is made- then by all means discuss it openly!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  14. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

I think I'm in the same boat! I'd be flattered but also a little put out if there where rumours about my movements floating around.

15. ScrapingtheBottom

To be fair, that's your perogative, dyl, as a moderator, not mine as a user.

16. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

well said!! finally someone speaking their mind :D

17. ScrapingtheBottom

I'm not being that political am I?

18. Syrup

Syrup Member

Is the rumour true about 2 new top signings at Sellers?