What would you change about your conductor?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flower girl, Oct 7, 2006.

1. flower girl

flower girl Member

Hi, this is a pretty random topic really, but if you could change one thing about your conductor what would it be, just wondering if all conductors have similar problems.
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Nothing at all.
    Our band have improved no end in the time we have appointed our conductor in August.
    Just wished the practise never had to finish and could go on for ever.:clap:
    8-10 (TUESDAY)&8.30-10(THURDSAY) just fly by to quick for me.
    Many Thanks for the great rehersals we are getting:clap: :woo :woo
  3. I would make him female and attractive ;)
  4. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Would probably get rid of the 'when i were a lad' (or similar) reminiscent anecdotes! LOL
  5. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Hehehe.. ;)
  6. flower girl

flower girl Member

Fortunately my conductor isn't really old enough for the "When i wer a lad" speech, but give him a couple of years and he'll be there.
    My old conductor used to bring into every conversation "Back in the days when i were with black dyke..............." thats got tedious after the 50th time of hearing it.
  7. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

I'd make him sit down and have a decent meal, cos in the summer when he gets his shorts on, he looks like a piece of string with knots tied in it. Musically though, I can't fault the lad, he's a star!
  8. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

ditto, Shameless self gratification!!!!
  9. flower girl

flower girl Member

My current conductor is the opposite tho, every one knows he's played with great bands and has sat in top seats, but he will never mention it at a rehearsal.
  10. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

But that's his most endearing feature!!!!! ;)
  11. glitzy

glitzy Member

New jokes, so bored of the current repetoire of crowd pleasing (?) anecdotes!
  12. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Nah, its his generous nature. :tongue:
  13. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

have to disagree with you here Perkster - it would be nice of the MD could arrange / compose music with EASY bass parts!!!
  14. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Although without doubt our conductor is good at what he does and an excellent trombone player, he can't sing for toffee. Simon would crucify him if he went on the X-Factor. Unfortunatley he likes to sing various parts throughout the rehearsal to illustrate how they should be played. He gets the rhythm correct but the pitch and tuning goes out the window (especially when he comes near to breaking them)
  15. BeatTheSheep

BeatTheSheep Member

As a conductor thats out of action at the moment: When I go back to it I'm going to demand more from the players for less effort by myself. I'm going to actually study scores sometimes without relying on my sight reading, and I'm going to lose my temper more.
  16. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

I would change the way that he is always first to the bar, always offering to buy drinks, insists on goign to the Indian after gigs.

Then again, maybe I wont! :p
  17. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

make him taller so I could see him wave his stick over those damn BBb's. (buy the way he is about 6'4 now LMAO)
  18. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

His stories (heard them so many times) and the designs of his tattoos!!:p
  19. flower girl

flower girl Member

I'd introduce mine to 2 little words, Please and Thankyou!!!!
  20. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

No, he has to be taller than that!! The cornets, euphs and horn etc probably have neck ache looking up at the stick!!! ;)