What was your most unusual christmas present?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DMBabe, Dec 26, 2008.

1. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Wondered what interesting stuff my fellow TMPers got this year? What is the coolest/most bizarre/most unusual/most unexpected gift you got this year?

Mine is either my fibre optic umbrella (looks like an ordinary black golf brolly but has a switch on the handle and the fabric is all covered in colour changing fibre optic lights) which is way cool or my build your own Morph kit!!!:D:clap:

Merry xmas to everyone!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    gift
    stuff
    TMPers
    golf brolly
    Mine
  3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

For a change I have had some really good presents. I am so chuffed.
    I had a usual bag of tat from my mum
    A radley purse ( I love it)
    Molton Brown set (best thing ever)
    Britney Spears perfurm (love it)

For a change i have nothing to flog to the band tombola which we have at the band dinner

4. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

I loved my presents - every one...although sadly none were a bit weird.

I got an ipod nano and a ds!! Both totally unexpected and loved a lot hee hee! The kids were overjoyed with their presents, and haven't even opened them all yet!

LOADS of chocolate in our house at the moment though...can see an increase in waist sizes happening round ours'!

5. Euphjam

Euphjam Member

:D My wife bought me a kilt so this year I don't have to borrow for the Whits.:clap::cool:

6. bbg

bbg Member

I didn't quite get a new kilt, Euphjam - did, however get a nice new dress sporran to wear in place of my standard plain black one for our daughter's wedding in May. Also got an earthenware cat which is wearing a Raith Rovers scarf - not many of these about! (earthenware cats wearing Rovers colurs that is - plenty of scarves)

7. bbg

bbg Member

I take it that a fibre optic brolly can only be used in "light rain"???

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I got a loofer from my sister?
    Also some cycle shorts (mmmm lycra) and a detailed route plan to Lands end?

9. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

A loofer? :( am i suposed to know what one of them is? :D

10. steve butler

I think its a sort of scrubber (oo err)

11. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

as a present? a scrubber? :-? im sure it isa lovely scrubber though :biggrin:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    gift
    stuff
    TMPers
    golf brolly
    Mine
  13. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Never mind in the loofer, more interested to know what you look like in tight lycra shorts!!

14. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I think he should wear them to Butlins

15. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Think you'll find its called a loofah! Is it a big whole long chunk or a bit on a stick? And was it pre soaked? or did u have to get it wet and watch it grow?;)

Glad u like the lycra shorts but if u plan to cycle to land's end I hope they're suitably strategically padded! Better there than John O'Groats though..... at least they're used to seeing fine young men in lycra down at Land's end with the surfer dudes and all, unlike up north.:wow

16. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I got a Slinky - my previous one was ruined by my younger sister on my birthday - when I was 13.

I have waited 30 years for a replacement !!

17. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

bath mat.

18. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

My wife got a bag and belt outfit. She wasn't best pleased, but at least the vacuum cleaner works now! :rolleyes:

19. steve butler

Me and a mate did the 3 peaks of Britain a couple of years ago, starting with The Ben. I had the (not so) bright idea of cycling in between, so we also cycled getting on for 400 miles in 3 days as well as the 3 peaks.
    Yes they are certainly padded!
    I was walking like John Wayne for at least a week after that little jaunt!

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

My daughter, who entered a convent earlier this year, bought her brother "Nun-zilla" - a clockwork nun that spits out fire as it trundles along ;)

21. leisa

leisa Active Member

I loved all my pressies too!!

I got two lots of diamond earrings, a diamond necklace that ive wanted for aaaaaaaaaages, the huuugest radley bag in the land (its b-e-autifful!!), perfume, a radley umbrella, a hamper, money and some bits and bobs for our house!!

My boyfriends mum got the most bizzare yet coolest present i think, a robotic vacum cleaner, you switch it on and it self vacums the room, i want one!

22. tomskibabes

tomskibabes Member

drum sticks

My daughter got a set of V Beat drumsticks, virtual drum sticks, they are amazing fun.