What time are you getting to Pontins?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lynchie, Oct 2, 2004.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Been thinking about what to time to travel up to Prestatyn for the weekend, so I was wondering when all you lovely tmpers were planning to get to the bar?? I need SOMEONE to drink with!
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'm gettin a lift from one of our fellow bandmembers after he gets off of work on Friday.

So I have no idea, but will guess. You can correct my calculations accordingly.

Typical get out of work time on a Friday about 5 - 6pm? Typical drive to Prestatyn (much of which is on the M1) 4 + hours?

So I hope to be there by 10pm. Will all the pubs close at 11:00 pm or are there places open later in Prestatyn?
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

not sure what time well be leaving, but there will be a huge convoy leaving Wem friday evening.
  4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

The bars in pontins will certainly be open to the early hours! The pub there closes at 11 but the 2 main bars stay open till 3/4/5 in the morning :-?

We (the flixton lot) probably won't get there till 10.30-11 as well have a rehearsal in Manchester that evening. Lynchie, you will be in charge of picking our keys up so please remember that before you hit the pub!!! ;) I guess we can come and meet you all as soon as we have parked the car and dropped off the bags. Lynchie's round!!!! :-D
  5. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

You can't expect Lynchie to pick up the keys and buy a round of drinks!!! If he's picking up the keys, shouldn't YOU be buying him a drink to thank him?!!!!

Shame we cannot really make Pontins this year due to band commitments!!! Our turn will be at Butlins!
  6. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: lynchie is so in-debt in terms of rounds of drinks to Flixton he will need an extra student loan for pontins!!! :D :D :pig

Shame you can't make it Abi we will have to have a few drinks for you! :guiness
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmm... I don't remember anyone buying me any drinks... ;)

Might buy you all a few for old time sake tho... I do like the "I'm picking up the keys so you should buy me drinks" theory though... that seems to work!
  8. skweeky

skweeky Member

il guess i should be there on friday at about 6-7pm
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Whatever time the Wem rehearsal finishes...all the same, mine's a pint please Mr Lynch, just the one mind, have to play the next day and I'm a good girl!!
  10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Does anyone know the position on entrance into Pontins if you are not booked into a chalet?. Can you just blag it on the gate? Is the "entertainment" free? Do banders have players passes to get in?
  11. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

The bands that are competing get tickets sent to the band managers........ i think
  12. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

:dunnoNo idea what time I'm getting there - early Friday evening I would have thought...
  13. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Ransomes are rehearsing 7-9 on the Friday and then I'll be heading up to Prestatyn, so I guess I'll be there about 11.30.

14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

We're not going up till the Saturday, not sure what time we'll get there, hopefully ealry evening
  15. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Thats OK - hope you manage to stay standing up this year after last years antics, from what I heard from VERY reliable soruces!!!
  16. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Hope it works for you Mr Lynch!! You never know you might get quite lucky if you end up collecting several keys! So you won't need to get your wallet out! (or another loan as suggested by a fellow tmper!!!)
  17. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I've got band practice till 10pm up in Stockport - so should be at pontins at about 11.05pm - and that is a quick time for that distance - I know the route very well as i only live about 20 mins from Prestatyn!
  18. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

u can try blaggin it, but it will cost u for an entry pass.... best thing to do is get someone to meet u with a booking form at the entrance,or photocopy someones and show that to the geezers on the gates cos sometimes they can be a bit arsey. illegal, but it works.
  19. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

what ever time the bus gets there :) but based on the fact that cornwall seems to be a million miles away from anywhere i expect it will take all day!! as long as the bar is still open when i get there i dont mind! :)
    all i know is that i've got to be on the bus by 7- which is a pain considdering the place where the bus leaves is about 40 minutes from my house! which will require getting up at stupid o clock in the morning!! it better be worth it!!

anyone know how long it takes to get from cornwall to north wales?!! (on a coach, with a bunch of "interesting" bandsmen, and no doubt lots of stops on the way!!)
  20. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Multimap reckons on 6 and a half hours, but that will be in a car, with no stops. Best guess would be 8 to 9 hours! And I thought driving from Newark would be bad.