What`s your Musical Dream or Wish ???

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Flugelfrank, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

What`s your musical dream or wish? What is for you the summum in your musical career?

My wish (dream) is to play in a good enghlish brassband on a contest, concert or rehearsal:))English people don`t know better, but for people of other countries it`s different. When I watch several dvd`s I think to myself ,why do I live in Holland and why can`t I play there?:)))
  2. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I have realised many dreams in banding including my solo cd, principal cornet and playing in all sections on a contest stage even national finals twice but nothing is better than personally playing well. I love the seat I am on and the band I am in is fantastic and eventhough I don't think I'm good enough for the band, it's great being given the opportunity. I only have one dream left.....to play with Leicester right the way up to the Championship section :)
  3. My dream is to be a session musician and go touring round with some amazing singer in their backing band!! And quite honestly, I would do anything for it!! :)
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Two things for me...

1 - to play 'Lara's Theme' with the superb James Last and his orchestra

2 - to be talented enough to do a live gig with a 5-piece band - on keyboards

5. A few things I'm proud of - played in the Royal Albert Hall to a standing ovation, played a solo standing on the stage in Cardiff City Hall, played on 3 brass band records, played a few rock band gigs around cardiff (on bass guitar), been on tour a couple of times, and had my photo in the local newspapers quite a few times (10?).

Next - trumpet solos in a small jazz or rock band, and get paid for it. Ultimately, a bit of session work would be nice; and being famous would be even better!
  6. The Eggman

The Eggman Member

My dream is to play "Life Divine" on Eb bass with a decent band.
  7. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

My dream is for Campbeltown Brass is to qualify for the 3rd section finals and then to hopefully win them, it will happen someday!!! (I hope!) With losing 5 or 6 members every year moving to Glasgow for uni, its hard keeping a consistant band with an average age of 15 yrs old!

Another wish is for all our past members to come back and play for Campbeltown Brass sometime. Even for just a concert or recording, it would be special.

Oh and to hopefully play for Black Dyke one day!

All far out I know, but I'll keep wishing for the time being!
  8. gawber

gawber Active Member

I SO want to be there........could you send me a couple of tickets please? ;)
  9. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I have many musical dreams, some of them are achievable, some are just a step too far. However, I will continue to strive towards them. I started playing the trumpet 6 years ago and never thought I'd actually get to be good enough that people might occasionally pay me money to play. I've done a couple of paid orchestral gigs, played in the band for a couple of musicals... various other bits and pieces.
    One of my initial reasons for wanting to play the trumpet was that I love big band music and dreamed of one day playing in one. Well, I've recently depped 3 times in rehearsals for a local big band and I've been asked back for the next few weeks and to do a gig with them as well!
    In brass banding, I always thought it would be nice to win our section at a contest. In my second ever contest (Folkstone 2005), we won the Second Section!!! I also aspired to play Rep when I started playing in the band, and here I am... Official Repiano Cornet Player of Mid Sussex Brass Band!

By day, I'm a primary school teacher. It's hard work (but sometimes fun). Loads of my friends are peripetetic (sp?) music teachers and so I suppose my musical dream would be to become a peri... I've got a long way to go before I get there, but who knows?!
  10. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

Go for it, lass - good peris make such a difference to kids' lives!
  11. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

My Dream is to play at Albert Hall, Birmingham Symphony Hall, and at the Sage Gateshead. It's the idea of playing the big arenas instead of little church halls and county fetes.

Most of all I would love to be in a band where no one ******* (female dog) on, where there's no worries about getting a band out for a contest and where everyone is there for the same reason, the music!!!
  12. The_Parson's_Son

The_Parson's_Son New Member

My musical dream would be to write a hit song for Kylie, and be invited round to her house for some private practice . . .;)

On a more realistic note, I would love to form a band made up of all my friends from the various bands I have played with, and from whom I have learned so much. We could get together once in a while and put on a concert or two.

Maybe we could even be a support act at the next Kylie concert, and go back stage, and . . .:)
  13. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

You need to join my band then. :clap:
  14. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

Unfortunatly Leicester is a bit far to travel for band. Thanks for the option though.
  15. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Our Band isn't all that bad, we don't bitch as such, we just take the wee wee, but it is all in good nature

My dream is to be a teacher and to play in a Pro Trombone Quartet, Watch out Bones Apart, we are coming for you!!! :biggrin:
  16. Texus

Texus Member

Your dream is to be a teacher?? Are you mad???

My dream for the year - to be out of the bottom 3 at a major. Preferably the Open so i don't have to go to Blackpool.
  17. Hells Bones

Not a High School teacher, a Peri teacher, that way I only get mostly students who actually want to be there lol
  18. becks164

becks164 Member

well, my dream is to get my diploma in performance then i would love to play with a very good english band back in my home town of yorkshire!!!! my fream is to play in the albert hall byt he time im 30 but ive got nearly 8 years to get this sorted lol
  19. jamieow

jamieow Member

to go on tour with Girls Aloud. I'd do anything!!!
  20. Hells Bones

Girls allowed? :biggrin: