What Region do you play in?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sugarandspice, Aug 13, 2006.

What region does your band compete in?

1. London & Southern Counties

23 vote(s)
  2. Midlands

19 vote(s)
  3. North of England

17 vote(s)
  4. North West

19 vote(s)
  5. Scotland

14 vote(s)
  6. Wales

18 vote(s)
  7. West of England

28 vote(s)
  8. Yorkshire

30 vote(s)
  9. Other European

1 vote(s)
  10. Other

5 vote(s)
  11. Does not compete

4 vote(s)
  1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Had a few threads about regions and borders etc, so thought it would be interesting to see where the majority of the Tmp population is from in terms of the region their band competes in.

Plus i'd quite like to see how many "Northerners" we really do have on here! Am feeling slightly in the minority down here in the Southwest!
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

I've added a couple of other options cos we do have members from outside the UK you know! ;)
  3. sugarandspice

I did think that as i was composing it, but wasn't sure which ones to add and i would also like to blame Woodeflugel for pressuring me with a limit to the Poll Options! :)
  4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

West of England for me and my band(s)! :)

Best place to be!! :tongue:
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Agreed, but not all of us can be lucky enough to live there! :(

Still, only a few weeks til I'm on holiday! Watch out Cornwall- I'll be back! :)

London and Southern Counties for me.....
  6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

North West,

Anyone played in all 8 uk regions?
  7. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Not quite the eight, but have done Yorkshire, North West, and the North of England.
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We're Yorkshire!! :p
  9. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

New Zealand :biggrin:

Although, majority of contests in Yorkshire:tup
  10. 1alexm

1alexm Member

and Yorkshire is best:p
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I've taken the liberty of adding one more option to the poll, to cover those of us who play in bands that do not compete.
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

But which of the regions is it that you don't compete in, Peter? ;) :tongue:
  13. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

and what about those of us who play in 2 bands one that competes and one that doesn't?
  14. dyl

dyl Active Member

I thought about that, but then re-read the question and it was aimed at competing bands so I didn't bother.
  15. sugarandspice

You choose the band that competes, as the question asks which region does your band "compete" in?! :)
  16. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Midlands for us.
  17. sugarandspice

Ad expected Yorkshire is kicking ass!

Hmm......it's a good job they are all such nice people isn't it..........! :wink:
  18. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Argh, the confusion!! I thought it was just a "where does your band live" type question...this will teach me to read properly!! Anyway, same answer - West of England!

Still the best place to be!

Now, St Agnes only contest locally (in Cornwall and Devon)...do they compete in the West of England? Or is the question aimed at national/international contesters, and they're non-competing?

:tongue: :biggrin: ;)
  19. sugarandspice

You thought you were confused? Wooden flugel thought i was asking what "religion" are your band. Hmmm.......Put your glasses back on Ian!!

Well your nto registered with St A so it doesn't matter! :p
  20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I thought twice about it, but when Kelly is asking where "the majority of the tMP population is from . . . " to omit those of us who do not compete seemed a little off.

If she's wanting to know where bands are based, in a wider sense, then the options could be revised accordingly.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2006