What pets

Discussion in 'Random Chat & Off Topic...' started by michellegarbutt, Jun 30, 2003.

?

What pets do you have?

1. Dog

65.3%
  2. Cat

12.5%
  3. Fish

2.1%
  4. Rodents (hamsters, guinea pig ect)

3.5%
  5. Reptiles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Birds

2.1%
  7. Others

0.7%
  8. Combination of the above

7.6%
  9. None

6.3%
  1. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

What pets do people have and why do they have certain names. I have a dog called Cassie (already named when I got her), a cat called Mindy (named by the husband) and a cat called Solo. Named as I found him in the car park at a solo contest.

2. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

their dead now but last pet i had was 2 rats called rock and roll

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Here's one of my King Charles Cavaliers.... her name is Jessie...

[​IMG]

and after a night out with her friends...

[​IMG]

4. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Man! That dogs gotta have a complex now :p

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I;ve got a hamster called Vinnie (after Vinnie Jones) and a dog called Jackson who was found abandoned in Morrocco and ended up here via Gibraltar

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I have a Cat called Scruffy, and a rabit called Alfie.
    oh yer and Abigail(she can be a bit of an animal at times!! :lol: )

7. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I have two cats:

Kitten Tikka, and her sister Kitten Bhuna.

Also had Kitten Jalfrezzi for a while (a ginger tom) but he was too hot to handle.

Bhuna eats popadoms but Tikka prefers cheese.

Disappointingly, neither will go near marmite.

D

8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

we have a cat called Vic (his brother, who is dead was called bob), two dogs Murphy and Purdy and some sheep. One of which is called Chop, then there's choplet, Ron and Harry, Brian and boy/bach/billy (name is undecided) and about 6 or 7 others.

just in case you wanted to know!

9. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

We've got 2 cats - Lester & Dudley both of whom do a runner as soon as I pick a trombone up of its stand - I don't even have to play a note - they know what's comming.

10. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Cookie and Elvis are my cats..............
    Lister a RedSetter cross...............

11. tubatu

tubatu Member

I have 2 cats, both are pure white and are called Hermrone and Trelawyn.
    They are rescue cats from the RSPCA and came with the names.
    One cat runs when I get the Tuba out and the other runs once the first note is played!
    Music critics or just sensible?

12. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

When I was a very small fruity person I played the trombone- for about three weeks, as every time I played it, our wire haired terrier attacked my dad (never anyone else, strangely...)and also strangely, neither the ensuing cornet nor tenor horn had the same effect???...

13. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Well I think we qualify as the local petting zoo :

1 Dog (Sam)
    1 Cat (Ginger, aka "Pops")
    2 Rabbits (Hazel & Bandit)
    13 Rats (Sorbet, Tikka, Fudge, Bailey, Cream, Craker, Snowdrop, Boo, Mouse, Pepper, Dobby & Winky, Twink)
    An Assorment of Fish (About 12 or so)
    and a Hedgehog called (orignally) Spike

[edited cause I can't count!]

14. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I want a cat and am working on it! infact we have chosen a name already 'Wenzel' :D I do have a killer fish (a jaguar chichlid) it is massive and in a tank of it's own. It has to be fed prawns and live stuff :shock: although it is still at my mum's house and has been 'adopted' by my niece so not a brilliant chance of getting that back. My bf has just built a 5 grand koi pond in the garden but the fish don't have names :cry: so not really pets :cry:

15. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I've got a mad terrier (heinz 57 varieties, even the RSPCA don't know what breed he is) but my inlaws have a rather odd collection of tarantulas

16. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

Two cats in our house.

Gemma and Daisy are our 2 lovable moggies from the local cats protection.

When Daisy was a kitten she used to go to sleep in my horn case while I did my practise! Now she does a runner as soon as the first note is played.

17. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

I had two mental Boxer dogs, Bruce and Gemma, both sadly dead now. Got them from a Boxer Rescue home and they were the most nervous and worst behaved animals you could possibly imagine as they'd been mistreated as puppies and left to get on with it!
    I couldn't leave them in the house as they'd eat the furniture, not just destroy it, actually eat the wood and material and carpet, so many visits to the vets. I ended up having to buy a car specially for them (they ate the back seat and roof lining of my first car) and took them everywhere or had to pay for people to 'dogsit' them.
    Anyone who knows boxers won't find this much of a surprise. I adored the both of them and paid hundred and hundreds of pounds for dog psychology/training/electric shock (only joking) but none of it worked. They were just both tapped!

Being single and playing in Fodens prohibit further pets unfortunately (I'd only want a dog) but if circumstances change..

Phil.

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We've currently got five cats, two of which we inherited when our daughter returned home for a while after a period in her own flat. Although she's moved out again, where she is now is not really suitable to take them with her, so she's got a hamster instead and the cats are stuck with us.

At various times we've had hamsters, a guinea pig, goldfish and a rat (domesticated of course), and when I was a lad I kept stick insects for a while.

Our youngest cat, Goran, was named after Goran Ivanisevich when he won at Wimbledon.

19. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I once had a dog called Deefer.........Yep that's right......Deefer dog. :roll:

20. picju96

picju96 Member

Where's the rabbit option!? I have 1 rabbit called Sweep, we had a Sooty too but she died. :( I've also had budgies, Lucy, Ben and Jenny