What, no snow!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunky, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Where has our snow gone? Yesterday evening all the weather forecasters, both local and national were saying we should wake up to snow of a depth up to 10 cms (2 1/2" inches).

Came out of band last night and my car was covered in the white fluffy stuff and it was snowing hard. Signs were encouraging.

Get up this morning...................NOTHING!!!! It was raining. All last summer the weather forecasters correctly recognised on their charts that rain was coming. Now they can't!

I know that snow is not appreciated by all members of the community, but I for one, am really disappointed.

So who has pinched my snow?
  2. Soppy

Soppy Member

Well we got a bit here, but there's less than yesterday morning when they didn't forcast it!

The main problem is that the snow is sooo wet. It's just not laying.

I blame Gt Yarmouth. They've scared the snow away!
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

not as white here as it was yesterday.... yaaaaay :)
  4. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

We've had no snow since Sunday. I only have to go 1/2 mile up the road and it's thick there but not a drop here. Our practice got cut short last night as the weather was so bad, got home and sure enough not a drop. I think it's something to do with living on the coast
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

5 cm of snow here :woo

(oh, and by the way, I thought 10 cm was something like 4", not 2 1/2...???)
  6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

7. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

I think Scotland has pinched it all. It's been snowing here (Edinburgh) non stop since Monday. I know it has been even worse on the West coast and no doubt it'll be very bad in the highlands too.

Good 'ol bonnie Scotland!

IYOUNG Member

Absolutely none here at all, been promising it every day since last Thursday and just sleety rain ever since.

I guess the forcasters are still suffering from post Hurrican 1987 early warning syndrome!
  9. Soppy

Soppy Member

Lol! Probably, they always forecast too much.

I also feel sorry for poeple (like me) who had been banking on having a day off school. Luckily for me, it's my morning off anyway!
  10. Cornet_player

Cornet_player Member

We had about 1/2 inch yesterday morning but was all gone by 11am!! and we didnt get off school. My sisters band practice was cancelled in case it snowed!!

Wish I got a morning off!!
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

We just got a tiny dusting in a pretty doily shape, like the tops of those godawful sponge cakes little old ladies make with horrible pippy raspberry jam and butter icing made with "Lawks I Believe It's Lard" or some other substitute.

It was snowing in bright sunshine for a while yesterday, what a waste.
  12. Snow is mean!!!

In Edinburgh it hasnt stopped snowing since monday, which was fun on monday and ok on tuesday but by yesterday it was just really cold.Its seems like everytime i step outside the snow gets turned back on again;i dont want to be a snow girl anymore! Me and my flatmate even got really excited when we thought it was raining this morning because it might melt the snow but it didnt it was just more snow!!!
    On the brighter side there was exciting snowball fights at midnight on monday :)
    Han xx
  13. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Its about 5" deep here! (Stocksbridge), thats what ya get for living in the middle of nowhere!
    Just gonna dust off the sledge! yay!!
  14. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Calling for 6" to 10" here on the east coast of the US. We've only had one other significant snow this winter in Washington. Of course, this has to be the weekend that the National Capital Band is going to New York for a playing weekend - probably will kill our chances of any kind of a crowd on Friday night :frown:
  15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not fair.
  16. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Lots of snow! Yey!! Practically all of the schools around here are closed! Double yey!
    I'm off to build Sarah (aka drummergurl) a snowman :biggrin:
  17. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Im completely snowed in... Not happy... Parked my car on the drive last night... Snowing heavily... Cant see it now... Cant go anywhere... :-?
  18. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

I'm not happy:mad:

"The South and East will be worst hit" they said at the weekend.

I've been expecting this deluge of snow since Saturday and getting my 5yr old son to check each morning on the snow situation, and what have we got in Watford, bugger all, that's what.

It's just raining now. Perhaps I'd better go and put the sledge back up the loft:(
  19. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

No Snow here in Bangor....I hear other parts of North Wales have a bit o the white stuff tho...
  20. andyp

andyp Active Member

There isn't enough in West (or Central) Lancs to dust a cake.

Mind you it's just as well, soon as the first snowflake falls in Preston (where I work) the roads gridlock, as people start driving at 2 mph "because it's snowing". I followed a Jag X-type (which is 4-wheel drive, for crying out loud!) round our village yesterday morning at 12 mph, there wasn't enough snow on the road for it to be slightly grey, let alone white. What they'd do if they lived somewhere where it actually does snow properly (ie a foot + ) I don't know!