What mouthpiece?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sop 1, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sop 1

sop 1 Member

just wondering what mouthpiece everyone uses?.
    I've been playing on a warbuton 6sv 8* for about 7 years now and would'nt change it for anything!!!! :tup
  2. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

On sop I use a DW S and on Bb I use a Yamaha 16E
  3. BrianT

BrianT Member

I play sop on a Bach #1. It's hard work when you first move up to a bigger mouthpiece but it pays dividends in the long term because of the bigger sound you make and your improved stamina. I'd like to try the 1X (which is even bigger) but none of the trade stands at the contests seem to stock this size.
  4. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

while I am sure there are some sound reasons for changing mouthpiece I think it is most important to be happy with what you are using. I know of a player who has played with several 'top' bands but has ended up sticking to his 'kosicup' mouthpice.

Just becsuse player 'x' uses a particular mouthpiece it does not mean that you (or I) will sound the same on the said mouthpiece !
  5. starperformer

starperformer Member

i was playing on a limited edition Don Fox limited edition signature m.p. (based on the yamaha 7S i think) but switched recently to a fisher 4A4SL - the difference is incredible both in sound and range. i do like to switch mouthpiece every once in a while, it keeps my playing fresh. i line the other ones up on my stand to intimidate less experienced players.
  6. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

On my cornet, I use whatever mouthpiece it came with... I have no idea what it is! It's got a very deep cup.

On my trumpet, I use a Marcinkewicz (spelling?) 3*, which I love. It would sound rubbish on a cornet though.
  7. Di

Di Active Member

There have a few discussions on mouthpieces, the most recent of which are here and here.

This one locked. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.