What is your tipple ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stevetrom, Jan 20, 2006.

What is your preferred drink?

1. Guinness

2. Lager

3. Bitter

4. Red Wine

5. White Wine

6. Whiskey

0 vote(s)
  7. Vodka

8. Tea

9. Coffee

10. Other

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Having spent my lunch hour in the pub (again) I was wondering what people's preferred tipple was.
  2. Good ol' pint of lager ofcourse!! :wink:
  3. julestools

julestools Active Member

A cup of tea goes down well. (milk and one sugar please)

Am a rare breed. A non drinking bass player. You dont live longer but it seems like it.

4. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

My favorite beer is Shiner Bock - which is a 'local' brew from Shiner, Texas. Great stuff... If you've ever had Sam Adams Winter Ale, it's very similar. Actually, very much like a Maybach beer... not too dark, and not bitter. Very smoove.

Although, I'm partial to Paulaner Heffe-Weisen. Warsteiner's too bitter for me... not a Pilsner fan. But I can hang with Guinness or Tuborg, and the odd Efes now and then. Foster's on tap is awesome as well.

And as long as it's not a citrus drink (too acidic), I'll down whatever anyone puts in front of me mixed with just about anything. Favorites include Rum and Canadian Whiskey-based drinks. Although, I've gotten bombed on Raki on more than one occasion. :D

And I always have a bottle of Apfelkorn in the freezer, because you just never know when it's going to be 'that time.'
  5. gawber

gawber Active Member

On the rare occasions I drink alcohol, I like a nice, cold, glass of dry cider..........back in the day, I would have had a bottle of Cherry B poured into it (known as a 'goodnight kiss' I seem to remember)
  6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

7. Di

Di Active Member

Diet Coke. :)
  8. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

oooh no! diet coke with lime! Cept it has no sugar in :( Coffee is nice too. All make me hyper too :D
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Mostly coffee for me, or occasionally tea without milk. For a cold drink, bitter lemon - diet if possible ;)
  10. 1alexm

1alexm Member

coke, dandelion and burdock, and ribeana:)
  11. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Vodka and coke, no ice if your buying!! ;)

Tho at home, all I drink is Ribeana all the time...

but Irn Bru for hangovers!
  12. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I have tried and tried for many years to like beer and I have come to the conclusion that I DON'T LIKE BEER! There. I've said it. A brass player who doesn't like beer. I like wine, I like single malt, I've even been known to down the odd alco-pop but not beer. I'm even going off cider these days. Not that I drink much at all anyway. Am practically t-total as my friends will vouch.
  13. andyp

andyp Active Member

I prefer a really good hand-pulled pint of proper bitter (ie NOT "Boddies"or "Smooth").

However I like most lagers too (as long as they're not Australian) and will quite happily drink either, sometimes in the same night out. I must be odd as most people seem to like one and hate the other! And I refuse to cook barbecque without lager, it's just not right.

Good bottle of red wine is a winner too, with suitable food.

No, i am not an alcoholic (can't afford it.......... :) )
  14. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Dr. Pepper or Cream Soda!
  15. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Alcoholic - Malibu and Coke (yum yum!)

Non-Alcoholic - Diet Coke or Ribena
  16. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I'm not an alcoholic either.... I don't go to meetings. :guiness

Actually, I have what seems like a schedule. I drink coffee in the morning, have a Cola at/with lunch, and pretty much just drink ice-water in the evening. Unless, I'm out having a drink, of course. :D
  17. dyl

dyl Active Member

Coffee (the stronger the better) during the day, and on the 'rare' occassions that I drink anything alcoholic then it's lager and white wine - not always together though.
  18. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Interesting that so far only one person has voted for tea. So much for the Brits being a nation of tea drinkers! Personally, I can't stand the stuff....
  19. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Last nights MeNu

I started off steadily with a few pints of Guinness

Went on to Life Cafe for a Flaming Lambourgini

Then finished up listening to latin music and drinking caipirinhas in Blu Bar

part from the FL,the lass I was with had blue wkd... bleurgh!!
  20. Tracey

Tracey Member

Alcoholic - John Smith's smooth

Non-Alcoholic - Diet Coke