What is your tipple ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stevetrom, Jan 20, 2006.

?

What is your preferred drink?

1. Guinness

8.2%
  2. Lager

12.2%
  3. Bitter

18.4%
  4. Red Wine

10.2%
  5. White Wine

6.1%
  6. Whiskey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Vodka

10.2%
  8. Tea

4.1%
  9. Coffee

2.0%
  10. Other

28.6%
  1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Having spent my lunch hour in the pub (again) I was wondering what people's preferred tipple was.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    lunch hour
    people
    preferred tipple
    Having
    pub
  3. Good ol' pint of lager ofcourse!! :wink:

4. julestools

julestools Active Member

A cup of tea goes down well. (milk and one sugar please)

Am a rare breed. A non drinking bass player. You dont live longer but it seems like it.

xx

Jules

5. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

My favorite beer is Shiner Bock - which is a 'local' brew from Shiner, Texas. Great stuff... If you've ever had Sam Adams Winter Ale, it's very similar. Actually, very much like a Maybach beer... not too dark, and not bitter. Very smoove.

Although, I'm partial to Paulaner Heffe-Weisen. Warsteiner's too bitter for me... not a Pilsner fan. But I can hang with Guinness or Tuborg, and the odd Efes now and then. Foster's on tap is awesome as well.

And as long as it's not a citrus drink (too acidic), I'll down whatever anyone puts in front of me mixed with just about anything. Favorites include Rum and Canadian Whiskey-based drinks. Although, I've gotten bombed on Raki on more than one occasion. :D

And I always have a bottle of Apfelkorn in the freezer, because you just never know when it's going to be 'that time.'

6. gawber

gawber Active Member

On the rare occasions I drink alcohol, I like a nice, cold, glass of dry cider..........back in the day, I would have had a bottle of Cherry B poured into it (known as a 'goodnight kiss' I seem to remember)

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Coke!

8. Di

Di Active Member

Diet Coke. :)

9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

oooh no! diet coke with lime! Cept it has no sugar in :( Coffee is nice too. All make me hyper too :D

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Mostly coffee for me, or occasionally tea without milk. For a cold drink, bitter lemon - diet if possible ;)

11. 1alexm

1alexm Member

coke, dandelion and burdock, and ribeana:)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    lunch hour
    people
    preferred tipple
    Having
    pub
  13. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Vodka and coke, no ice if your buying!! ;)

Tho at home, all I drink is Ribeana all the time...

but Irn Bru for hangovers!

14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I have tried and tried for many years to like beer and I have come to the conclusion that I DON'T LIKE BEER! There. I've said it. A brass player who doesn't like beer. I like wine, I like single malt, I've even been known to down the odd alco-pop but not beer. I'm even going off cider these days. Not that I drink much at all anyway. Am practically t-total as my friends will vouch.
    BMB
    xx

15. andyp

andyp Active Member

I prefer a really good hand-pulled pint of proper bitter (ie NOT "Boddies"or "Smooth").

However I like most lagers too (as long as they're not Australian) and will quite happily drink either, sometimes in the same night out. I must be odd as most people seem to like one and hate the other! And I refuse to cook barbecque without lager, it's just not right.

Good bottle of red wine is a winner too, with suitable food.

No, i am not an alcoholic (can't afford it.......... :) )

16. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Dr. Pepper or Cream Soda!

17. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Alcoholic - Malibu and Coke (yum yum!)

Non-Alcoholic - Diet Coke or Ribena

18. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I'm not an alcoholic either.... I don't go to meetings. :guiness

Actually, I have what seems like a schedule. I drink coffee in the morning, have a Cola at/with lunch, and pretty much just drink ice-water in the evening. Unless, I'm out having a drink, of course. :D

19. dyl

dyl Active Member

Coffee (the stronger the better) during the day, and on the 'rare' occassions that I drink anything alcoholic then it's lager and white wine - not always together though.

20. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Interesting that so far only one person has voted for tea. So much for the Brits being a nation of tea drinkers! Personally, I can't stand the stuff....

21. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Last nights MeNu

I started off steadily with a few pints of Guinness

Went on to Life Cafe for a Flaming Lambourgini

Then finished up listening to latin music and drinking caipirinhas in Blu Bar

part from the FL,the lass I was with had blue wkd... bleurgh!!

22. Tracey

Tracey Member

Alcoholic - John Smith's smooth

Non-Alcoholic - Diet Coke