What is your favourite piece of music you have ever played?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by matt_BBb_bass, Aug 21, 2006.

1. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Whas your most favourite piee of music you have ever played?

mines padstow lifeboat

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Essence of Time
    West Side Story
    band piece - Essence of Time
    favourite piece of music
    Unbelieveable brass parts
  3. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Harrison's Dream / Journey Into Freedom

4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Gurrelieder by Arnold Schoenberg.

Probably the last great work of the Romantic era, before Schoenberg went all 12-toney. I recommend that everybody should listen to it at least once before they die.

5. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Year of the Dragon - Fantastic Stuff

6. rebecca

rebecca Member

Reunion and Finale or Essence of Time. Played Year of the Dragon the other night and that was pretty cool too.

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Anything by Gilbert Vintner
    I just hope James Cook Cicumnavigator is the 1st section area test piece thats my all time favorite piece

8. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I recently played Tenor trombone in performances of Mozart requiem and the great C minor Mass. Playing Alto bone next to me was Tony Parsons, ex LSO principal. An awesome experience and brilliant music.

9. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I'm sure Tony will be chuffed to bits to find he used to play for the LSO, especially as he's currently collecting his BBC pension :oops: .

10. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Ooops. Thats because i was watching the LSO on the Proms while I was writing on here.

11. journey into freedom.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Essence of Time
    West Side Story
    band piece - Essence of Time
    favourite piece of music
    Unbelieveable brass parts
  13. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Couldn't agree more about Mozart Requiem.

Have a look towards the end following link with Joe Allessi aand Wyclife Gordon playing Wyclifes "Tuba Mirum and the Other Side".

http://www.veotag.com/jalc/player.aspx?pid={8B1FEB61-9CF9-4AC7-AADA-6EC70C58ED65}

14. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Appalachian Spring

or maybe The Firebird?

Oh hang on, possibly Year of the Dragon?

Oh, I don't know!:-?

15. Veri

Veri Member

I've always loved playing Elsa's Procession to the Minster - it gives me shivers down my spine.
    I've always wanted to play Purcell Variations, but never had the chance.

16. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

Benedictus from 'the armed man'.
    mind you, David Childs was playing Euphonium so that could be a reason why!

&

Truth Aflame which I found more fun to play than to listen to!

17. Hoss

Hoss Member

1. Anything arranged by Frode Rydland...especially Reel Music where the shedbuilders dress up in kilts and Russ Abbott Jimmie Wigs (ginger hair and a tam o'shanter - for those who arent old enough to have watched this comic genius in action) and dance about in hilarious fashion..entertainment..the audiences rip the seats up.

Our Scandinavian bretheren really know about how to entertain with new and exciting music..Arctic Funk..yeah..

2. Prague

3. Philip Wilby - except Paganini Variations that had too many melodies in it, Atlantic was and is a classic of the genre.

4. Martin Ellerby - Tristan Encounters where the Wagner motif was obvious throughout and great solo section that were not in anyway at odds with the flow of the composition.

5. Songs for BL - magnificent.

We're so lucky to have such talent avialable that theres no need to bother with the Heatons, Ball, Vinter or Sparkes their just too old fashioned now.

18. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

We're so lucky to have such talent avialable that theres no need to bother with the Heatons, Ball, Vinter or Sparkes their just too old fashioned now.[/quote]#

I think you have forgotten to add a laughing icon or smiley face thing. This isn't a serious comment right?
    Best get onto World of Brass and ask them to pull all CD's containing these guy's music if that's the case!

19. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

As a player I really enjoyed performing "Dirion Dir" earlier this year , loads of different sounds , working with a conductor from a choral background , and having to concentrate for 50 mins plus.
    Sibelius Symphony No2, Firebird Suite ( 1919) , Rachmaninov Symphony no 2 , Symphonic Metamorphesis - Paul Hindermith , American in Paris are pieces I have really enjoyed playing with Orchestras

20. Hoss

Hoss Member

I dont joke about music, its a serious business.

Other hits...

1. Robert Simpson - The Four Temperaments / Vortex

2. John McCabe - Maunsell Forts - intelligent programme music and an inspired British Open selection from 2002, trumps Cloudcatcher Fells thats been over explored.

3. Five Blooms in a Welsh Garden - Gareth Wood - much better than The Margam Stones.

4. Of Men and Mountains - Edward Gregson - still showing his original voice.

21. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

So serious that you need to wear a Jimmie wig to appreciate the finer qualities of it!?

22. BrianT

BrianT Member

Playing 1st trumpet in an orchestral performance of Bolero - sitting there counting bars rest while the tune went round and round, waiting my turn to come in right at the top of the brass chord. Awesome! I was on an adrenaline high (heart pounding) for at least half an hour afterwards.
    BrianT