What is your Favourite Film ???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by IckleSop, Oct 23, 2004.

1. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

I was talking to a friend last night about this and we could never decide what was our favourite was...............

I think my favourite has to be......erm.........

2. skweeky

skweeky Member

grease! has to be grease!

3. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Mine is definitely Breakfast at Tiffany's! I sooo want Audrey Hepburn's style....:D

Rach x

4. markymark

markymark New Member

Lets be really obvious and say "Brassed Off" .... or perhaps not!

Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars or similar, and for t'missus probably City of Angels or some such dribble

Mark
    Sop@Ratby

www.ratbyband.co.uk

5. trombelle

trombelle Member

sound of music. no question about it!

6. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Watched it last night

Has to be the ultimate best film of all time bar none

Aliens

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Ice Cold In Alex. Good old rousing imperialist stiff-upper-lip stuff.

Always liked it anyway, but since finding out the one piece of trivia I know about it I've loved it.
    Scene right at the end where they go into a bar in Alexandria after driving through the desert for weeks, and down about 3 Carlsbergs each in 5 minutes. John Mills didn't really drink and someone got very perfectionist at this point and made them do take after take until poor little John fell off his bar stool...

If feeling weepy then Brassed Off (natch) or Steel Magnolias. For sheer entertainment then Monty Python's Holy Grail. ("Is that an African swallow or a European swallow?")
    BMB
    xx

8. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Without a shadow of a doubt....The original "ITALIAN JOB" (not the poxy remake!!)

9. babycornet1

babycornet1 New Member

sound of music is the best!! classic!!

10. groovy

groovy Active Member

Finding Nemo!!! Or The Wizard of Oz

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Film
    favourite
    friend
    night
    erm
  12. Conspiracy Theory is AWESOME!!! I lurrrrrrrrrrrve that film!! For mind bogglers.... Identity is class... but I also love love love love Bridget Jones.... never grows old in our uni house!! There's so many... I'm a film BOC. I love Minority Report too...

I'll shut up now though :-D

13. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Anything with music by Hans Zimmer.

Agree with Shawshank Redemption. Superb film.

Also think Pulp Fiction and The Green Mile are ace.

14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

For me I guess it's the Blues Brothers - just because it always puts me in a good mood when I watch it.

Other than that...Rear Window (the original), the Green Mile which is great but took me 2 watches to get into it, loved the Sixth Sense, any for the first Star Wars films, Bullitt, the Italian Job (Michael Caine - You're only supposed to.......)

15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Was that just to make sure you didn't miss the start time? ;)

16. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

That film reads like a who's who of my childhood record collection! I was too young to buy records then, but thankfully my neighbour bought loads and gave them to me! Blues really kicks ass!

No one's mentioned a western yet. I suppose I really should take that as a hint, but I've got to vote for 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.' Van Cleef, Clint, Great script, great story, and an utterly fabulous soundtrack by Ennio Morricone. What more could I want?

Or maybe 'Fistful of dollars...' ;)

17. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

GHOST

I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in DEMI MOORE LOL
    Seriously though, what a film. Even moor added bonus, WHOOPI GOLDBERG is in Star Trek Next Generation as well, and PATRICK SWAZEY is the same age as me.

18. (yey! first post for moi on TMP! feel privelged people! :p)

My fave film has to be American Beuty!

It captures all the subliminal happenings of modern day suburbia, and it's just so true to life.

I think it's great how the 2 people who seem the most insane on the cultural norm-background are actually, on second inspection, are the most sane out of the lot!

Lush film, no argument! :p

19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Topgun........Cheesy brilliance ;)

20. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Has to either be:

Annie
    or
    Romeo and Juliet
    or
    Moulin Rouge

21. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

about a boy!!! ace film...cant wait for the new bridget jones film to come out tho. cool runnings is another one of my favs

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Film
    favourite
    friend
    night
    erm