what is the worst present you have ever recieved?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by drummergurl, Dec 30, 2004.

1. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ok basically.... my mum got a house number for christmas from my dad! and she has been asking around her work to see if anyone else has a worse present than she has...

so i thought i would ask here ...

whats peoples worst present?
  2. Fitzy's GF

Fitzy's GF Active Member

I got a Will Kit this year.

I promptly told mum how morbid it was, but she just said that it is practical.
  3. drummergurl

ok im abit thick... wots a will kit? (or a will kilt as i accidentally read it first time)
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It does exactly what it says on the tin...it's a kit for making out your own will!!

Yep indeedy, quite morbid!! I think she may be trying to tell you something...I'd start checking to see if the premium on your personal insurance has been increased without your knowledge recently!!! :-?

I didn't get any bad presents this year...but the worst i ever got was a ceramic cat in a cast iron frying pan ornament...good god it was hideous!!!
  5. drummergurl

oooooooooo thats quite bad, own will making kit... think sum1s tryin to tell u summat!!!

HAHAHA that sounds awful 2MD!
  6. Fitzy's GF

Fitzy's GF Active Member

That's right it is to do my "Last will and Testament". She just doesn't want my assets going to the government ;) Or else she thinks I live recklessly and wants to make sure that everything is covered.
  7. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I think I was about 9 at the time and my brother was about 10. Brother opens his present......lucky sod! It's a Bionic Man! Ooh! I say to myself....my present's the same shape....maybe I got one too.....or maybe an action man......I ripped open the wrapping paper.....it was a......Bionic Woman! :shock: :dunno My Mum, couldn't understand why I was so upset.....''I thought you liked the Bionic Woman!'' she squealed. :hammer
    I've been telling her for the last 15 years or so that I like Kylie Minogue, but she's yet to appear under the Christmas tree. :dunno ;-)
  8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Showing your age! Wasn't the Bionic Man doll fab, with his peel back skin on his arm and his magnifying eye!!?? And the many other features my brother kept secret. (What were they, btw?)
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

.......... a toothpick
  10. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

An odd pair of socks !! :D
  11. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

An extremely virulent dose of flu, courtesy of one of my neices or nephews. I never did pin down which of the little blighters it was. If I wanted to lose 3 days of my life and a couple of stone in weight I'd like to do it voluntarily, thank you.:oops:
  12. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I was 40 in October and i was given a PAPER WEIGHT with 40 on it.:-(

It will be used for another present for someone who i know is 40 this year.:)
  13. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

All my pressies were good this year but my older brother got a shoe polishing kit with 'Lancaster Castle'on it :-? :dunno
  14. groovy

groovy Active Member

Mine were:

A pair of hand-knitted gloves that were about a foot long
    A kangaroo skin purse
    Suncream (for Christmas)