What is the strangest thing....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

that has ever come out of your nose?

Inspired by a comment in the wine tasting thread where someone mentioned beer and carrots....!

Personally I had a nasty experience of somebody making me laugh lots and lots and lots. At the time I was eating jacket potato. Something when a bit wrong. It came out of my nose. It hurt. A lot.

2. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Ms Twigge!!!!! :eek:

3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Just to make it a little clearer (Gary!)....it wasn't a whole potato!

4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Hmmm... thanks Caroline, I'm eating my lunch right now. Suddenly I don't feel at all hungry! :-?

(Is this the "Twigge diet plan?")

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

used to be able to do that thing with the string... actually I wont explain...

Other than that, I think the days spent with grains of salt coming out of my nose after someone told me snorting it in a biology class "would be fun" was quite strange...

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Apart from th usual Lego bricks and pencil rubbers when I were a lad, I think the most alarming thing was just last year when a load of Beecham's powders came out of my conk...:eek: :eek:

Maybe I ought to explain that a little more.....

At the time I was working on a test rig to package Beechams Flu Remedy - the stuff was flying around everywhere. I went to blow my nose due to the heavy cold I was carrying at the time (that is no reflection of the product BTW!!!) and aside from the usual goo there was an alarming amount of powder...:shock: :shock:

I wore a dust mask after that.....

Oh and we found out a few months later that when airborne the powder is highly explosive - some days the test room had a fog of the stuff in the air - if the had been a spark....kaboom!!!!:shock: :-?

Who said engineering was boring?

7. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

as stated previously... blue wkd is the only thing thats come out of my nose, after excessive amounts of laughing...and that also hurts *alot* :(

8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

erm, pepper has come out of my nose, someone had this bright idea of snortin pepper, and stoopidly i did it... my god does it hurt, my nose was hurtin for hours afterwards, and all that came out of my nose when i blew my nose was pepper!

erm, my brother has had excessive amounts of orange juice come out of his nose when we were on NCBBGB course in the summer... that was funny he looked like hed wet himself afterwards

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Strangest thing that's ever come out of my nose must have been the Lithuanian nose flute I once owned. I was just going for a particularly high note and all of a sudden I breathed in violently in the wrong place and my right nostril sucked it up. I had to get my trumpet out and try and hit a long, loud top C until it freed itself and came back out again in splinters. My nose has never been the same since and I'm still blowing out splinters of wood every now and again in the mistaken belief that it's actually snot.

Of course, there are elements of this story which may not be wholly accurate.... like, erm... all of it. ;-)

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I used to blow smoke out of my nose until I realised it; a) makes you look like a very stupid dragon and b) causes even more damage than normal smoking.

I had a zit up my nose which was extremely painful.
    BMB
    xx

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    lots
    wine tasting thread
    beer
    time
    jacket potato
  12. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i thought putting a teeny tiny soap from my sylvanian families thing up my nose was clever. It took a while to ge it out too!!

13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: You guys are all crazy.... :lol: I love it.... and lucky and glad to say that I have never done anything of the snort.... :lol: sorry... :oops:

;)

14. six pints

six pints Active Member

i was once sucking one of those strange balloon men filled with flour and it popped and the flour and bit of balloon went up my nose, i was then very violently sick and pot noodle was added to the equation. ah happy days!

15. Alice

Alice Member

I remember watching in horror two years ago in Paris when my friend was laughing so hard the almond and ice cream she was eating came out of her nose.

16. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I once sneezed while stuffing my face with a curry and managed to blow Lamb Bhuna and Pilau rice down my nose!! Jeez that smarted a bit!!!!!

I had a friend who could (and don't try this at home kids) suck a balloon (or other similar item of a more adult nature) up his nose whilst keeping hold of one end and cough the other end out of his mouth, and was then basically able to floss the inside of his head with the rubber!!!!! Yeeshk!! :shock:
    Wouldn't surprise me if he's dead by now.

17. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

The beer and carrots incident was done by a friend of mine who necked a pint in every pub of the Cleckheaton "Westgate wobble" and then downed the last one (it's the 14th pint I think) in one go.
    He sat there for about 5 minutes not saying a word and looking rather ill before spraying all 14 pints (it seemed like!!) and a load of carrots down his nose and all over the table we were sitting at.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  18. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Chocolate Milk is the best I can offer........actually, once I had a REALLY bad nose bleed, and later when I blew my nose, out came this rubbery red ball...........

19. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

So that's where this came from...:ranting2:

20. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

A concoction of brick dust, fibreglass insulation, soot and snot leaves an intersting mess on a tissue!

21. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

^ive Had Cola (coke-a-cola) Come Out Of My Nose Only Because I Fell The Wrong Way!!! The Bubbles Hurt And I Had To Go On Stage In 2mins

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    lots
    wine tasting thread
    beer
    time
    jacket potato