What is the most Stupid thing you have ever done?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by snazzy_cornet_sound, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Just out of interest....

Heres mine, When I was nineteen me and my friends had a few beers and I came on to the idea of dying my hair blonde, my friend told me that Eminem (the rapper) uses Household bleach to dye his hair, so out came the Harpic citrus Blast!

After using quarter of a bottle we saw that nothing was happening, we then went to Morrisons to buy some proper hair dye and the Peroxide in it reacted with the bleach used earlier! my head felt like it was on fire. Because I washed the dye out early my hair turned ginger! I went to my local hospital who had to refer me to a differant hospital with a speciliast burns unit and had to rub funny ointment into my head for two weeks! luckily I didn't blind myself with the bleach and I still have a good head of hair!

2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Take up the trombone - waggling fingers is SO much easier (you can't catch me, I can run fast!!!) :biggrin:

3. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Got married !

4. Debra Smith

Debra Smith New Member

Agreed to move on the front row from rep to "help out". Few weeks later band find themselves without a principal cornet and tonight I will be sitting on the end chair in a concert.

5. hicks

hicks Member

Ooh so many to choose from..
    I once borrowed a bass trom to play in an orchestra. For some bizarre reason I decided to give it a good clean. Tried to get the tuning slide out, which was sticky - put some force behind it, and the slide popped out, propelling the bell against the edge of the bath and crimped it impressively.

6. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

So which of these three do you rate as the stupidest? :)

7. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Is starting to learn how to play a cornet at the age, as I was then, 52, in this category?:D:D

8. omega56

omega56 Member

I did virtually the same thing except ended up as 2nd man I dont actually recall volunteering to be on front row !

9. definitely playing in an orchestra

10. we were doing a bandstand concert and i got up onto the bandstand, satdown at the back (after weaving my way through the rest of the band) and the conductor started condusting the band in the first piece, i then realised i didn't have my trombone

woooooooooooppppps

then i repeated myself, in reverse

weaved my way through the band (this time i was crawling so they could still see the md) and collected my trombone, thenrepeated the process again to get back

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Stupid
    Harpic
    Eminem
    Morrisons
    hair blonde
  12. hicks

hicks Member

I'd agree, particularly as I spent most of the evening with my crumpled bass trombone, counting bars rest.

13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Stood up on the area contest stage to collect our prize for coming 4th (I could have sworn she was on to the 3rd prize!!)...realised there wasn't anything for us...and sat back down empty handed loking a right prize prat. :oops:

14. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

I was just thinking, you lucky beggar, then I realised it said funny...........

15. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek:

16. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Hehehe That takes some beating!

17. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Oh, you think so, do you?! : P

18. killer

killer Member

Most stupid thing eh......... well that has to be predicting that a band i was playing in would win the area and then bragging about it on this site when they did ............huge mistake, you just know your in for a kicking when you do that.......made loads of new friends though.......... not ..........No nasty replies please, still recovering.:oops:

19. For me, it has to be volunteering to play BBb bass for a contest when I wasn't selected to play 2nd/3rd cornet. Three years later, I'm still there! 'Though having bought a gig bag at the last 'areas' (how much???) I'm not moving again - I have to get my money's worth! :)

20. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Great user name! I empathise...

21. I was tring to use my friends computer but they had a password on, so i counted the little * and started trying to think of passwords which would have that number of letters in only to realise that if the little * are in that means the password is already in!! dur

In my defence i was slightly intoxicated!!

I love drunken stories, especially when someone else has to remind you of them!!lol

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Stupid
    Harpic
    Eminem
    Morrisons
    hair blonde