What is the difference

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hells Bones, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Between a Moderator and a Supermoderator?

Couldn't find somewhere to put this so I just put it here :biggrin:

HB

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Supermoderator
    HB
    difference
    biggrin
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

There are a couple of forums that I, as a "simple" mod cannot moderate
    And I think there are also a couple of secret forums that only supermods and administrators can see

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Not quite... all mods see all forums exept admin forums... :)

5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

allrighty then... :)

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

a supermoderator holds down a day job disguised as a simple member of the rich/media/young school boy, then when needed they spring from behind their mouse (banana in hand) fully lycra suited and moderate away.

oh, the image of John sat there with his undies outside his trousres!! Can we have a picture?

:)

7. Hells Bones

What would the Supermoderator's Theme be? Is there a tMP March?

8. Hells Bones

Looks like there is one!

9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

And a fine march it is too!

Had the pleasure of playing it at the Whits in 2005. At one venue we actually played it under it under the direction of the composer! Greenfield I believe?

However it was not our finest performace of the night due to one of the following (or combination of) reasons

1) Getting into Greenfield (if that was the venue) our driver tried to remove most of the sump and drive shaft from the underneath of the bus, leaving the band traumatised and worrying if we would get back to the hotel so Steve March could take a call from his Mum.

2) The 16 band wait to play at Greenfield (if that was the venue)

3) Because of the above wait the fact we were told it was 'tradition' to drink as much beer as posssible whilst waiting!

Those are my memories of the piece. For a more musical appraisial ask a sober person!

10. Di

Di Active Member

Indeed.

And don't forget Chunks dear that it made the Whit Friday CD. :) Jim at Allbrassbandradio.com has the CD and if you list for long enough, you should be able to hear it there. :)

11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Indeed not Di dear! I still have a groove in the top of my head where I spent weeks scratching my head wondering how did that happen ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Supermoderator
    HB
    difference
    biggrin
  13. Di

Di Active Member

This thread got a little off topic didn't it chaps? "Off topic" discussion moved to the "chatting room" previously created in TR. [​IMG] ;)

14. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Love the supermoderator smiley Di :D

15. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

It was actually just a very cunning plan, devised by Baldrick, to discover the difference between Moderators and Supermoderators, and, Di, I have to tell you, you passed with flying colours. :clap::clap::clap:

16. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Blimey, I thought it was a joke...read through the thread and I'm still waiting for the punch line ;-)

17. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Sorry, Rob, no punch line, just a progression of increasingly off-topic posts which resulted in Di stepping in doing her modding bit. This did rather leave my last post dangling in thin air. If you really want to know more (and I'm sure you don't) follow the link in post #11. You'll probably be none the wiser :rolleyes: