What instrument do you play in your Brass Band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by chingchongchew, Dec 26, 2013.

1. chingchongchew

chingchongchew New Member

As a jazz trumpet player i only play trumpet but would like to know what instrument you play in your Brass Band
  2. bsdunek

bsdunek New Member

Currently I just play in a church band. I play my Alto/Tenor Horn, which is a bit of a rarety here in the USA. People always ask what the heck that is I,m playing. Makes it kind fun.
  3. B.Portas

B.Portas Member

EEb bass. In my opinion, best instrument in the band.
  4. Leveridge96

Leveridge96 Member

Tenor Horn-The instrument of gods!!
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I mainly play BBb bass, with the occasional fill-in on EEb, euphonium or horn when the need arises.
  6. arniesarnies

arniesarnies Member

Hi guys, bass bone. The preferred instrument of gods haha. Sorry, I had to get that one in.
  7. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Without a doubt !

~ Mr Wilx
  8. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Nowadays Baritone, but thats because I had 10 years away and the band I joined already had 2 Euphs (preferred instrument). Going back a bit, I spent the first 20 years of banding on Cornet
  9. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Double B, the foundation of any good ensemble :hi
  10. mark_powell

mark_powell New Member

Solo Baritone - The best seat by far! :)
    It gets the mix of Solo Cornet & Flugel, "beefs" up the Horns and brightens the Euphs -
    You'd miss us if we weren't there...
  11. shellie

shellie Member

Soprano - After recently playing rep and the band having a change around i went onto sop a few months back and haven't looked back. I love it!
  12. animal.22

animal.22 Member

I just hit fings me :)
  13. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I get to stand at the front and wave my arms around like a demented windmill. If I had an instrument I would be dangerous.
  14. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Ah, another bass player
  15. animal.22

animal.22 Member

I can make a farty type noise on a bass, does that constitute bass playing??:dunno ;)
  16. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Maybe lol
  17. The_Eighth_Dwarf

The_Eighth_Dwarf New Member

Take your pick, I'll (attempt) to play anything that needs covering in the band at the time! Have done sop to BBb at one time or another, excluding bass trom as its in the wrong cleff!!!
  18. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

no it's in the right clef, it's all the others that are wrong :)

p.s. have played everything from Bb cornet to BBb bass + kit at one time or other - settled on bass trom
  19. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

None of that brass band stuff for me anymore - do play EEb Sousaphone now and again though in formations of 2,3,4 0r very occasionally more, been mainly a 2 piece this last 12 months - though with keyboard & drums backing.
  20. mdrabble

mdrabble New Member

Depending on who is missing for concerts in my band or if I am helping out with other bands, I play what ever is needed.