WHat has happened to McQueens in Manchester.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by P_S_Price, Nov 29, 2011.

1. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Been up there twice recently to find them shuttered and Barred.

Does anybody know if they have closed down?

No Information on their website

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Barred.
    McQueens
    Manchester
    Does
    website
  3. wilky

wilky Member

McQueens

Hi,

They are still trading I have just rang them on the number from their website.
    Have you not tried ringing them ?

4. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

Hi Pete

What time did you go? I took an instrument to them a couple of years ago for repair, returned the following Saturday morning to pick it up, and the shop was similarly barred and shuttered. Although they should have been open at the time I went according to their advertised opening times, when I called the following Monday to query it (and check they were still in business!) they told me that the guy who was in the shop that day had just decided to close up early because it was 'a slow day'.

Shelley

5. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

eek...slow day......we all know what they lead to!

6. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

I went up there about 16:30.

Thats good that they are still trading. I probably need to make an appointment.

7. McQueens

McQueens New Member

I am Rick McQueen of McQueens Musicasl Instruments.

I am Rick McQueeney of McQueens Musicical Instruments.
    I can assure yout McQueens are trading as strong as ever, in fact we have been working Sundays for the last 3 weeks!!
    My website states quite clearly our opening times together with telephone number, so why make this posting?
    McQueens opening times are Mon - Fri 8.00 - 4.30 and Sat 8.00 - 12.00, are these not normal working hours???
    http://www.mcqueens.com/Contact_Us.htm
    McQueens have been trading for over 25 Years and I can assure you all that we will be here providing our Highly Skilled Services to Brass Bands and individuals for many years to come.
    Thank you.
    Rick.

8. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Thats excellent Rick, Thanks.

I did check your website, and it said nothing about closure (on the main page). But I was sure that you had different opening hours Mon - Thurs (until 5pm). but following your link I see that I was mistaken.

I never bothered to check your contacts page (Ooops)

Trouble is I work in Leeds and getting to pendlebury before 4:30 is problematic for me.

9. Lofty Snr

Lofty Snr Member

I have been trading with McQueens for over 20 years and have never had any problems. ALWAYS avilable, and everything ready when promised. Emergency repairs completed same day on more than one occasion. Kep up the good work Rick.

10. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Our band always use them for repairs - but havent needed them for a couple of years; hence the mild surprise when I found the shop closed.

Nothing but nice and good things to say about McQueens. No criticsm implied, intended or warranted. I trust them and am keen to take my instrument to them for attention.

11. McQueens

McQueens New Member

Hi Shelley,
    McQueens have never closed before 12 noon on a Saturday in 25 years!
    McQueens NEVER have a slow day, our business is repairs and we do not rely on a busy showroom.
    I dont know who told you about closing because it was a 'slow day'.
    We are busy day in and day out throughout the whole year.
    Rick McQueeney.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Barred.
    McQueens
    Manchester
    Does
    website
  13. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Maybe the reasons for the shutters is to deter people from breaking in and pinching the instruments and taking them to the scrap merchants!!??

14. McQueens

McQueens New Member

I cant understand why people that are travelling a distance dont make a simple phone call to ensure all is well.
    There are many occassions that myself or members of staff have stayed open late waiting for customers that have been held up in traffic!

Rick.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  15. McQueens

McQueens New Member

A 'slow day'
    is your big chance to get cracking on those little plans that will lead to big business for your company.
    Is that what you are implying?

16. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

Im sorry Rick, but that just isn't true. I visited at 11am and the shop was shut. I don't know which member of your staff told me why it had closed early, but they were very clear as to what the explanation was.

I didn't call ahead as I was well within the shop's advertised opening hours and as such, was expecting the shop to be open. In any event, if, as you claim, you have never closed early in 25 years I shouldn't have needed to call ahead, should I?

Like Pete, my post was not intended to be critical- I was merely trying to assist Pete by suggesting a possible reason why the shop may be closed, and assist you by suggesting that you therefore probably hadn't gone out of business. I am so pleased I bothered.

17. simonium

simonium Member

Toys and pram spring to mind.

18. McQueens

McQueens New Member

Many thanks Ken, I hope all is well with you. Kind regards.

19. McQueens

McQueens New Member

Hi Shelley, so sorry for this occurance Saturday 11th August 2007. I apologise for your inconveniece. I cannot explain the circumstances. I stand corrected.
    McQueens.

20. halsasaurus

halsasaurus Member

McQueens have recently refurbished the Basses for Besses. Great price, collected and returned the instruments in order to cause minimal disruption to the Band and always available to take calls about progress.
    I am not sure what more we could have reasonably expected.
    I am not aware of any other company that can service the Brass Band community as well as McQueens.

Steve

21. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

No one is actually criticising them. I just went up there twice straight after work, and found them closed, as it turns out due to my arriving after their closing hours (my own fault too).

22. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

Calm down Rick baby!

I have never used McQueens but know of people that have and they have always said good things. There was just some slight confusion here and it just needed a quick response from you in that regard.

However, you do come across as very defensive...almost aggressively so. People (like me) who have not used yourselves could be put off by this. Many a company has had its business suffer due to remarks made on web pages.

For everyone on this forum it is in our best interests that businesses like yours are around. No-one here is looking for a fight.