What DVD have you just watched?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Robhibberd29, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

In the hope of proving that we dont all just watch Brassed Off! I've started this thread as I've just watched a dvd called Red Mist. What a load of pish. Starred the geeky one off Primeval. He was in a coma for 90% of the film and he couldn't even make that look convincing! Id give it 1.5/5
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I've been watching 24 Series 2
  3. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

.....i just have watched Brassed off!......
  4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I went to Thorpe Park yesterday, whilst all the naughties in my tutor group's year group were made to stay at school at watch a DVD on attendance! HA HA HA!!

I've just finished watching for ten millionth time 'The Day After Tomorrow' because I have a DTS surround sound system, and the storms sound fantastic coming through all the speakers!
  5. bbg

bbg Member

On the band tour bus in Germany, we had "Back to the Future" followed by "Back to the Future 2" and I fear that someone had volume 3 as well..............throw in a bit of Superman and the eyes were glazing over......I tried to raise the tone(?) with a bit of Brass in Concert for a while (just to prove to certain colleagues that brass bands can indeed use some judicious choreography / comedy in their presentations) but the younger members of the party objected!
  6. Robhibberd29

Ah one of my favourites! Roland Emmerich...been to his home town of Sindelfingen in Germany on tour. Great soundtrack too and yes its great in surround sound (got that too ;-))
  7. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Gran Torino - Fantastic Film
  8. Robhibberd29

Watched that last week...very enjoyable.

Run Fat Boy Run...another Simon Pegg funny!
  9. Hells Bones

I'm afraid I am not watching any DVDs as my DVD drive has started to think it is not compatible with DVDs.
  10. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Trojan Boat - Mnozil Brass
  11. Robhibberd29

Wallace and Grommit Curse of the Were Rabbit
  12. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

We watched that on Sunday! lol!

The last DVD I watched was Shrek....actually for about the last 7 years, most the the DVDs I've watched have been kids' ones lol! Have recently joined LoveFilm though, so hopefully we'll be watching more interesting ones soon lol!
  13. Scongie

Scongie Member

Just watching Wizard of Oz with my daughter..........she's only 5 but loves it!!

Watched Australia last week what a long boring film. Could have finished half way through and it would have been a half tidy film. Also saw Transformers last week and I need to watch it again........
  14. Robhibberd29

Bless! Im in Lovefilm too its well worth it especially with being off work due to illness Im getting my moneysworth! Battlestar Galactica arrived today (not the original version)
  15. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Shawshank Redemption last night. It's still a good film... I just felt that I had to check...

Before that, I've just worked my way through the first series of The Big Bang Theory, courtesy of a certain Caledonian Flugelist with a penchant for sending people gifts.
  16. Hells Bones

It wasn't on DVD but I've just watched Back to the Future on VHS.

Forgot how much I loved those films.
  17. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Calendar Girls... The WI one...
  18. Hells Bones

Hi, we're the WI...
  19. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

Gran Turismo......a thought provoking film and enjoyable.
  20. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Watchmen - interesting adaptation of the Graphic Novel - I do like the work of Alan Moore shame he didn't want anything to do with the film . great cast , well directed if a little like 300 in style ( which isn't a bad thing)..