What do you want to see on tMP...?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Dec 15, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thought I'd pop a quick post here asking everyone for your thoughts and ideas as to what you would like to see implemented here on tMP. If you have suggestions or ideas as to what we could do to improve the service, to add new features or functions, or things that you feel we shouldn't have etc... please feel free to post away and let us know.

I can't implement the items you might want to see on here if I am not aware of what those items are. Please post away...

2. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Chat room facility? Or instant message when you don't want to write a PM but you just need to send a quick shout out

3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Chat room would be handy.

Oh, and the winning Lottery numbers. (the next one, obviously, before some clever clogs posts the last winning numbers. )

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Nooo, I had to defend myself already when I was talking about people from tmp and my friend said " are they the ones from the brass band chat room?!"
    It makes me sound like I have no life - my street cred is already none existent with my none band friends, don't make me have to say I go in a brass band chat room too-nooooooooooooo, I won;t do it!!

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

OK, thanks for the suggestions thus far but I have to nip this one in the bud I'm afraid... sorry folks, but I won't be adding a chat room facility on tMP...:(

The reason being is that I believe that chat rooms on www sites detract from the objectives of the sites they are on by keeping posts, threads and therefore information that could be of value to others - away from the people and place where they should be.

MSN and Skype linkage is available from tMP and that's as far as it goes I'm afraid.

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Can't really find any fault right now. The recently implemented changes look great. One idea, though: whilst realising that the vast majority of posts are brass band orientated (and I have no gripe about that whatosever) how about a separate 'mini forum' for those like me (and I dare say a few others like trumpet mike, W Rimmer, Adrian Horn etc.) for those wishing to occasionally discuss brass ensembles and their repertoire, recordings, performances etc. (including brass band type ensembles, like JSVB, Howard Snell Brass etc.)) I'm aware a few threads regarding this raise their heads from time to time, but perhaps with a dedicated slot on tMP, it might attract more general interest.

Just an idea.. :) :)

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Hello John, any thoughts on this. With a recent misinterpretation and subsequent attack on trumpetmike, I'm beginning to feel those of us who enjoy participating with brass bands AND orchestral brass (as does trumpetmike) are being somewhat 'marginalised'.