What do you think to the increasing trend in.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

multicoloured/printed wellies?
    Should they be accepted in rural society or should the green Wellington live on without competition?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    trend
    wellies
    Wellington
    society
    competition
  3. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I like the green ones... living in the country I think they are more camouflaged...

Kirsty

4. BassoProfundo

BassoProfundo Member

Has to be green - anything else ...... :hammer

5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Mind you, on another note, I do think that wellies in "Irn Bru" colours would be rather fetching! :D

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Tricky one this. I certainly think the style of the green welly should be retained at all costs (heavy sole, nice little buckle round the top), although having seen LBBs Thomas The Tank Engine wellies I think there is room for improvement in adult wellies.
    I did look into this at one point, lusting after some green wellies with frog-eyes in the toes, and the pair I found would have set me back £150. Totally unnacceptable.

However, I draw the line at poncy little half-mast wellies with snowdrops on. They are for ladies of a certain age who are almost certainly on the parish council and secretly fancy the vicar.
    BMB
    xx

7. BassoProfundo

BassoProfundo Member

Wow ... I'm sure my green wellies only cost me £4.50 from B&Q .. mind you they don't have a buckle round the top. :lol:

8. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I have no need to wear boots all day!! sneakers and Sandals for me!!!

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

All this talk about green wellies :shock:

Everyone knows proper "working" wellies should be black :!: :wink: :lol:

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Wellies should be green and mudsplattered... any other sort should be burnt (although obviously somewhere very remote due to the whole burning rubber thing...)

11. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

It's clearly evolution at work here. The green welly (or goloshus naturalis as it is properly known) is the original breed of welly, it's green skin hiding it in the meadow grass of its natural habitat. During the industrial revolution the countryside was effected by pollution and the welly had to adapt to survive predation and thus the black welly (goloshus workmanis) was first observed. Recently, as urban sprawl increases, wellies have been forced to adapt to the urban environment by adopting the bright colours and patterns of the city, hence multicoloured (goloshus technicolourdreamcoatis) and painted (goloshus vangoghis) wellies have been observed.

Hope that helps.

Duplicate post deleted, PB, Mod

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    trend
    wellies
    Wellington
    society
    competition
  13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

A brilliant description from Mr Barrel Scrapper.....I'm afraid I quite like the patterned wellies for a bit of variety though. But you can't beat a pair of nice green wellies with fluffy insoles!

14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I think multi-coloured wellies should be ritually burned along with all sets of the Floral Dance. So there. :) :lol:

15. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

16. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Mine have neoprene linings - very cosy!

17. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

They'd only fit in with the environment when I went in the field though... (I still want them!) :D

18. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

We are living in an age of authenticity (well, in music at least) so why not bring back authentic Wellies?

[​IMG]

19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

Mine have got splits in so need to get new ones - not v nice trying to wade thru mud on ur heels! - but think possibly might be sticking with green ones (or or maybe black) as thats what Cornwall Farmers sells! Although bright pink ones could be fun, think might scare the cows!

20. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

God bless the Iron Duke and confound that rascally Napoleon.

21. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Burn all copies of the floral dance? Sounds fun to me, should have been done years ago. Do yiou think we could include all known rcopies of the recording by Terry Wogan!!!!!

22. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Absolutely! Trasnfer them to the old 78rpms first, though (after all, wax burns easier.....)