What do you think of this piece?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by el maestro, Mar 1, 2006.

Is it playable?

1. Yes

2. No

1. el maestro

el maestro Member

Well, I wrote this piece for my GCSE music integrated assignment, and I gave a copy to my friend (who's a euph player) and he keeps telling me it's not playable, that it's too fast etc.:-?

So, I was just wondering what you all thought? Because I'll lose marks if it isn't playable, but I don't want to change it if it is!

I put it on sibeliusmusic.com:

Thanks a lot,

p.s. Sibelius can't do cadenzas so you'll have to imagine that bit! ;)

And I'll have to vote to be able to see the answers, so take a vote off the yes!
  2. Magic Flute

Magic Flute Supporting Member

I keep getting a message that I need a 'newer version of Sibelius Scorch' to hear it.
    Is that OK to download, or will it mess up any of my Sibelius files (ie my whole class set of GCSE coursework!) or anything else on the school system/ computer if I do?
  3. starperformer

starperformer Member

Definitely playable. Some of it is fast as written, and may not be playable by a 16-year-old, but always remember that euphonium is the easiest brass instrument by far, so they need a challenge.
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yup, defo playable!
  5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Really ? :confused:

Why not?
  6. el maestro

el maestro Member

I don't think it should...

p.s. Thanks!!
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Downloading a new version of scorch won't touch your sibelius files.
  8. el maestro

el maestro Member

It does them in time instead of ad lib, so it can actually go as slow as you want.
  9. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

pretty much anything's playable... if the person trying is good enough! ;)
  10. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Sounds very Playable well done
  11. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Playable? Only if you can breathe through your ears!
  12. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Sibelius can do cadenzas!! - All you need to do is put in a free time bar and if you want accels etc try putting in accels, rits, and some metronome marks and then hide them, no-one will see them but the playback will read them.

If you need some help PM me.
  13. EflatTenor

EflatTenor New Member

Just played on the tenorhorn, definitely playable! Why dont you bring a bit variety in the chords? Always c may be a bit boring :oops: after a few bars. - e.g. a 'g' on bar 8. Or a trugschluss with 'a' . Just a suggestion!
  14. el maestro

el maestro Member

Ahh...I never thought of that! How do you do a free time bar? I'm not the best at Sibelius! ;)

That's what my music teacher says! What's a trugschluss, by the way? I'm going to invert some of the chords too, sometime!

Thanks to everyone that voted, and thanks if you voted for it actually on SibeliusMusic - I'm 7th! *faints*. It looks like I won't have to change any of it.

15. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Seems quite doable except for to things. One already mentioned...there's really no place to breathe. Also, on the last page I don't know that it is possible to slur two 32nd notes (demi-semi-quavers?) when the are the same pitch. I would think those need to be tongued, no?
  16. el maestro

el maestro Member

Good point, I'll look at that!