What do you do when you are off on Holiday?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by postie, Mar 20, 2006.

1. postie

postie Member

Myself and Raspberry are off on our winter holiday to Tenerife tomorrow. I was just wondering what you do when you are preparing to go. Do you cancel the milk, tell the neighbours, cancel the papers and make sure you have got your tickets before you go. You could have this shrewd other plan my parents have as they off on holiday on Sunday. They disconnect the battery to their green Corsa, hide all electrical items e.g. DVD player, stereo , video. We went around to see them today and was told all of this. So what extreme things do you do?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenerife
    items
    things
    all
    Corsa
  3. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Flying home from Corfu a few years ago, I looked across the aisle and saw a Championship Section MD deeply studying the score for a forthcoming contest.
    Deep holiday reading for him.

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I panic that i've lost my passport, realise that I;m going away in 3days and don't have any currency and stress about the fact that I have no hotel booked for the first night. Other than that I just go!

5. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Park the car, then hit the bar!

6. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

When the kids were younger I used to be very organised. Items purchased weeks if not months ahead. Neighbours informed of the house being empty, spare keys given to neighbours, parents asked to regularly check everything was okay. But one year I still managed to leave the freezer unplugged (socket used to be shared!) Not a nice thing or smell to come home to.

Now though, I just panic about whether the house will still be in one piece, as my daughter declines to travel with us anymore! :eek:

7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I like to play in brass band contests ;)

8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

This time tomorrow I'll be at the airport....I still haven't packed and have to leave the house at 8 tomorrow morning to go to lectures all day before getting the bus to the airport.....
    So what I do before I go on holiday...sit at my computer and post on tmp and avoid packing!

9. heehee i get in the car when im told!! i love bein an 'incapable of packing my own stuff' teenager!!

10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Its all brass bands for me January:Butlins,March The Area,September THE OPEN and a day trip down to Southbourne and call in at Ringwood Brewery on the way down to pick up some Old Thumper Beer 4 Cases(48 Bottles):woo5.6%abv
    And loads of swimming at local baths which i do anyway.
    This year in January met up with my lovely friend who i have made contact through Chat Room 40's at AOL for the 2nd time we have met up she is super and a true real friend as well:)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  11. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Ian Perks - if there is someone more dedicated to the brass band movement then I am yet to find them :clap:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenerife
    items
    things
    all
    Corsa
  13. vonny

vonny Member

I guess I'm a little mad really as I have a tendency to go online, see a bargin holiday on lastminute or expedia and then book it. I usually give myself about a weeks notice so I don't really have time to think about what I need to do before I go. Up to now it as worked out, but I do have an element of uncertaincy so a back up plan is always in place.

14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Pack the night before for self and LittleBabyBadger.
    Wake up next morning and nag EvilDaddyBadger to pack.
    Unpack stuff for self and LBB since need to find something at bottom of suitcase.
    EDB is now packed and nagging at me to repack
    Load up car.
    Unload car to find spare house/car keys.
    Load up car again.
    Search for road atlas. Road atlas eventually discovered in pantry.
    Sit in car while EDB does washing, ironing, cleaning, hoovering and random acts of annoyingness.
    Drive as far as possible before falling aslepp at wheel.
    Arrive at destination in foul mood and go to bed while LBB and EDB hit the beach/field/mountain etc.
    BMB
    xx

15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Cheers thanks mate
    I will buy you a pint at band when i see you;)

16. Bungle

Bungle Member

Oh yes, don't forget to ask a friend or family to check on the house before you get back, as a blackbird may fall down your chimney, fly around your house, cr**ping everywhere before expiring on the floor. And if they're good friends or family they might clear it up before you get back. DAMHIKIJK.

17. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

18. postie

postie Member

Tell all Ian we are all ears!!!!! Came back this evening from Tenerife to totally miserable weather at East Midlands Airport. This Morning the temperature was 25 in the resort, this evening 6 and it was raining yuk!!!!!!. Never mind work in the morning back with a bump!!!!

19. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

holidays away are there to satisfy the need to be someone else and be a complete and utter filth-meister....or generally just to relax from a life of depraivity

20. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

Go and jump around on that bouncy castle in the middle of the sea, its a laugh

21. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Haha, this has happened to me on more than one occassion! Trouble is my friend who looked after the house was terrified of birds! She just used to open all the doors and wait until they found their way out! And as much as she tried she always used to miss some of the 'droppings'! YUK!

Anyway, I won't have this problem next week when I'll be lounging in Grand Canaria :biggrin: I will just have the mess my daughter has left to clear up!

22. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

The trick is to drive such noisy, twitchy, bouncy old bangers that falling asleep is a physical impossibility.:-? Have never yet had to drive nice quiet, well-behaved modern car...
    BMB
    xx