What do you buy a man for Valentines day?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by StellaJohnson, Feb 11, 2010.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I have a boyfriend of 6 1/2 months, he's 40 years old ( I like older men!!) muscular and tone (no fibbing) not a bandsman, but I just don't know what to get him for Valentines day. All the shops stock chocs in a heart shape and general over price tat. What do you get a man for valentines day, I'm just clueless on these things! :confused:
  2. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I've always wondered that! Not that it matters for me this year :)

So I'm going to be no help whatsoever. I want to know the answers though, for future reference (hopefully)!
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I'm an older man. Buy me something too please. Nice bottle of malt whisky will do nicely thanks. :)
  4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Aye, go down the Malt Whisky route. After 11 years of marriage, my missus usually asks what I want! Romantic, I know....
  5. StellaJohnson

He dosen't do malt whiskey (or any whiskey)
    He drinks those nasty iron bru wd40 stuff. I can't get him that noooo
  6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Doesn't do malt whisky? Dump him, immediately, sounds like a football hooligan.
  7. StellaJohnson

Well he's a Man City fan
    Not selling him well am I!!!

Please help what can I get him??
  8. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

If he's not a brassie, what sort of music does he like? CDs or Itunes vouchers is always a winner for a bloke.
  9. Di B

Di B Member

I will have to remember it is a family forum(!) but maybe get a bit personal?

Breakfast in bed, luxurious massage, waited on hand and foot, use of the remote control, any takeaway he desires etc etc.
    Treat him like a King for a day - but pray he doesn't get used to it!
  10. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I think Stella was wanting something special for her bloke, not the samo-samo we get every day ;)
  11. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Either you're brass banding's answer to Brad Pitt or your missus is extremely generous! :tongue:
  12. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

or (c), he's a lying swine :biggrin:
  13. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I'll just ask Paddy for the odds on those options..... ;)
  14. is he a chav? get him some chunky jewellery and a tracksuit! ;) im only kidding!! i would personally love tickets to go and see KISS at the M.E.N. or whatever his kind of music is? If not, a bottle of Chanel Allure sport will do nicely :)
  15. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

My partner and I keep a document on our Desktop with our "wish list" which we add to as we think of things we'd like/need. It means that we generally get each other the right things for Birthdays/Christmas/Valentines/Anniversaries etc.
    Not the most romantic way to go about it but it does save a lot of wasted money...
  16. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

All men adore tech. Get him an iPod, a cheap shuffle <frankie howard>(ooer missus)</frankie howard>.
  17. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

A bloke once bought me a music stand.

I was less than impressed, which must have been apparent.

''Well, you do need a new one''!

How romantic.
  18. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Did he go down on one knee when he gave it to you and say that you made beautiful music together and he wanted to play a permanent duet with you through life? No? Ah, well!
  19. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Thank God!
  20. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Think Essex Elvis might disagree with you there - tech is NOT his thing ;)

Although he does love his iPod I bought him from Christmas, after I had filled it up with lots of brass band choons for him!

He's reasonably easy to buy for, but as he is a regular to this forum I cannot reveal what he will be receiving on the 14th of Feb!!