What did people think of Brown's speech?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pythagoras, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Thought it was fairly impressive. Have never voted for Blair (usually vote Lib Dem) but was impressed by how sincere Brown sounded.
  2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

That will be the same Mr Brown who has raided our pension funds to the tune of millions each and every year for the last 5 years contributing a major reason for pension fund deficits, introduced countless stealth taxes etc etc.

They all sound sincere at the party conference!
  3. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

There's a famous quotation (but not famous enough for me to remember who it's by......)

"Sincerity is everything - fake that and you've got it made"

[p.s. before someone jumps in - Mr Goiogle attributes the quote to George Burns]
  4. bandpolitics

bandpolitics New Member

Yep :p

5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Pray he never gets in as PM.

Do you really think he cares about anything he says? nope not a bit of it. Lies and Spin.
  6. bandpolitics

bandpolitics New Member

Many people are in politics because they want power and they'll say whatever it takes to get it.
  7. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

B*lls**t Baffles Brains.

Doesnt matter which politician or party, they're all as bad as each other.
  8. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

He has a slight lisp and a scottish accent - so what?
  9. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

I know a lot of politicians are liars, but they're not all as bad as each other. That's the type of attitude that people who don't vote use. They are effectively then saying that the BNP are only equally as bad as the other parties, which can't be true.
  10. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Actually I think I would trust the BNP to be honestly speaking their minds more than I would trust the others - I wouldn't particularly like most of what they were saying but would trust it to be an accurate representation.
  11. vonny

vonny Member

Politics eh... hmmmm controversial, i have a tendency not to respond to these threads, i just observe and reflect...
    Interesting though

Yvonne x
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

They are ALL as bad. BNP are no worse, just in a different and more radical way, although they focus the campaigns on certain aspects, they are down to earth on the non race-related policies because the party is made up of real working people, people from backgrounds who know what life is really like for the average Joe.

I do vote, but I dont believe in or trust any of the parties, because they are all a big joke. I vote to keep out the most disillusioned party.