What Crazy Things Do You Do After A Rehearsal?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Liz Courts, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

A lot of you go to the pub after practise, I’m sure. That’s what I did after band at St Stythians last night. Practise finished at 10pm, we went to the pub until 11.30pm, and then most members went home. However, three of us decided that we were having too much fun, and went to sit in the park for a bit longer, and on into my car when it started to rain...we were in there chatting away (and recording dodgy three-part voice versions of Punchinello, Westward Ho!, and Erimus on our phones) before realising that it was 1.30am and we were hungry!!

So we ventured into Falmouth, found a dodgy café, and filled our stomachs with cheesy chips, before deciding that we should probably go home and to bed…

It was a bit of a crazy night, and reminded me of a few months ago when a few of us decided to go to Tescos after a rehearsal with Lympstone – another crazy trip that lasted until 2am (we only went to buy pancakes!!).

Does anyone else do any crazy things after band, or is it just me?!! :rolleyes:
  2. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Just you... ask me again in 5 years when I'm your age though... lol! At the moment the most exciting it gets is scaring all the people off the bus... hardly amazing, and now the driver hates us!
  3. hells_baritone

hells_baritone New Member

indeed it was a bit crazy, and I can still taste that burger :eek: things like that only started happening when you joined! :-?
  4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

A few years ago in one of my previous band we had won a contest and gone to the pub to calebrate as you do. 3 of us were walking home carrying this huge trophy, walking across a field it seemed a great idea to play rugby with the trophy as the ball. Luckily we got it home in one piece. we only found out the following day that it was solid silver and worth around 5 grand.
  6. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

It only took that long due to the boys who have to walk up and down every isle 3 times before deciding what it is they want, and we did get a bit distracted by the chas and dave cd and the noisey animal car things!

I think a few have coem back to mine for a mini party after band once, and of course ive gone out after practice, but i think the craziest was driving back to cornwall then to kent straight after practice. Hmmmm!
  7. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Oh wow! Both of your adventures sound very exciting Liz! My band never ever ever do anything after rehearsal.... well except when Charlie came and conducted us for Vicki's concert.... he HAD to have a pint before Gil and Carol took him home (not quite sure what we did too him!) so quite a few people followed him over the George.... and then we were all in the pub again after the concert and found lots of old band photos on the wall.... and found a photo of Steve with a VERY wonky haircut.... and then played guess the age with various band members who seemed to be in EVERY photo ever of the band! Oh and I stole the sop players crisps.
  8. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

I would say it is mainly just you Liz. And please dont text me at that time of morning again!!
  9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Oh I don't know. I thought your after rehearsals time involves being snogged by soprano cornet players! ;) :tongue:
  10. stephen_clapton

Jelousy gets you nowhere Dave ;)

AND Mr Redhead, im going to kill you on Sunday for shattering my image! :rolleyes:
  11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

What image?? :tongue:
  12. stephen_clapton

Hang on, why has this thread suddenly turned on me now?!!
  13. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Would that be the one that Dougy donated before he also found out how much it was worth lol?
  14. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Don't think so but it's still around. luckily we didn't damage it