What Cornet Case to buy?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brownrob, Dec 26, 2009.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

Just looking a bit of advice...

I currently have my Schilke Sop in a gig bag that holds just the cornet and the 2 Blue SA Hymnbooks and nothing else...

Am looking for a case that will fit a Cornet, A4 Music Pad, Straight, Harmon, Cup and Fibre mute and few bits and bobs like Valve oil, cleaning cloth and bell clamp lyre!

Or will I just get a suitcase! :D

What cases would you guys recommend as I am very scatterbrained and want to keep everything in one case as I always forget something!
  2. sop 1

sop 1 Member

Iv got my Schilke in a Virtuosi case,hold 5 mutes and all my other stuff too!
    Great value for money :D
  3. Kjata

Kjata Member

4. sop 1

sop 1 Member

They are really not worth it! u cant get any music in them! The Virtuosi is similar to a york case but only alot cheaper.
  5. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

I have a virtuosi case. Being an instrument snob i used to be horrified by this. I dont care anymore because its great. 4 mutes. Pad and everything else i need. Good build and great value.
  6. sop 1

sop 1 Member

Glad someone else agrees! :clap:
  7. brownrob

brownrob Member

Looks like a good case, there are some on ebay for £45 inc postage so will look at that!

Have submitted an offer and hope they accept :)

Thanks Paul and Donna :)
  8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Ooh! I'm sure you can get them for £30. Try 1st brass. I cant be sure though. Mine was bought for someone else.
  9. sop 1

sop 1 Member

Yea,paid £30 for mine i think ?
  10. popmills

popmills New Member

I had a camera aloy case which I adapted by moving the dividers and making them fixed with glue. This holds the sop, 3 mutes pegs and other accesories and a limited amount of music.
  11. 3rdcornetsolo

3rdcornetsolo Member

A little bit more costly than some of the above mentioned ones but I use a Reunion Blues triple trumpet... it has more than enough room for my cornet, tin straight, fibre straight, harmon, cup, plunger, music, pencils, oils etc etc.
    Or, when required has enough room for my cornet and flugel!

I love it! Best money I have spent in ages!
  12. Kjata

Kjata Member

Yes I would have loved a reunion blues, and was recommended to buy one. However the pricely tag meant I couldn't afford it, however I found a good cheaper alternative in the Vincent Bachs triples. I have room for Cornet and soprano, plus any mutes, oil, mouthpieces and lots of other rubbish that seems to accumulate over time!! ;)

The VB I have is at the bottom of the page and is called Vincent Bach Synthetic Triple Trumpet Gig Bag - Black!
  13. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Think i will buy one as well, sounds greast and ideal for my Schilke, At leaqst it amy help me look the part :clap:
  14. brownrob

brownrob Member

I just got mine yesterday, I must say Im very impressed with it, I managed to squeeze in the Cup, Straight, Fibre, Harmon and Practice mute as well as the cleaning cloth and the valve oil!

Then I put in 2 music pads, 2 blue SA hymnbooks and noticed there is even a pencil holder and phone holder! :D

Thanks guys, very impressed!
  15. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi!!! No mention of cornet:biggrin::biggrin: seriously will order mine tonight
  16. brownrob

brownrob Member

I carry the cornet now under my other arm! :D :D
  17. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Tesco carrier bag? :biggrin:

Disclaimer: Other Supermarkets are available; May contain Nuts; Contents may settle in transit; Your mileage may vary; etc. :D

18. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

What cornet case to buy

Cunning Plan!!! that way cornet wont get damaged by all the clutter in the case :biggrin::biggrin:
  19. blinddogjohn

blinddogjohn New Member

I use a Brass Bags single cornet case. As well as a cornett his takes all mutes valve oil cloths etc as well as music et al. Smaller than a triple trumpet but probably more protective as the cornet is held firmer and the padding is much better. Half the price of a triple as well. The phrase Tardis springs to mind.

Have a look at their website.
  20. Llamedos

Llamedos Member

Will it fit a Bb Cornet too do you know?? My besson case is coming apart and while I would really love a new besson case, my funds will not stretch that far, I want to get a music folder and 4 mutes, cornet stand (bell fitting one) and mute holder plus lyre valve oil, grease, pencils etc in my case.
    Would really appreciate more info on this including model number if possibile and also if I am tright ,I think they have zips-I must admit to being dubious of these but if I don't treat the cornet to a new case soon I risk it falling out of the case it's got!
    Thanks guys