What Colour is Lavender Tea?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hollso, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Hollso

Hollso Member

I know it sounds ludicrous, but I have gone out on a personal mission to prove a yanky bint wrong about the colour of the drink. Not the variety with earl grey.
    And I was hoping a tMPer might be able to help. Surely someone knows? I'd be forever thankful!! :D

2. ....well surely it's blue

dilly dilly lavender blue.......

3. Hollso

Hollso Member

Logic would dictate it was a blue purple, but I doubt it is, and thats what I want to prove! (dun dun duun!)
    I'm sure it'd be a reddish brown

4. brass journo

brass journo Member

it's tea coloured - the without milk in it colour! All tea is the same colour(ish)- after all, gree tea is not green!! It is lavender flavoured not coloured.

could be making it up but it's my opinion!!

5. Hollso

Hollso Member

But green tea is green...
    But yes, I think you're right. It can't be purple.

6. brass journo

brass journo Member

OK - Bad example, but camomile tea is not camomile coloured and jasmine tea that I drank bucket loads of before the area trying to induce pregnancy (and no it didn't work because Oliver was still 3 weeks late!!) wasn't jasmine colured!!

but then again - those fruit flavoured teas ARE all funny colours!!

I'm giving up this argument with myself - it's not clean cut! I may have to go and buy some lavender tea tomorrow and find out that way! If I manage to I'll let you know the results!!!

7. Hollso

Hollso Member

Ha ha haa!!
    Ee dear. There're so many teas... after trying some green teas a while ago, I went straight back onto yorkshire gold.
    But Thanks you guys, I've got some evidence to prove to that girl now...
    "Lavender tea is purple 'cos lavender is a plant and a color (Not colour), blah blah blaah."

8. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Never had lavender tea is it nice??? I can't stand that green tea stuff it makes me feel sick just smelling it!

9. Hollso

Hollso Member

Nope, I've never had it either. Apparently its good for a number of things, according to websites, like insomnia and... well thats the only one that sticks to mind.

10. six pints

six pints Active Member

i think its greeny brown. i was given a cup in germany when i lost my voice shouting at the kids in theme park... at least i think it was lavender tea, my germans not to good...

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Lavender Tea
    tMPer
    Colour
    yanky bint
    earl grey
  12. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I have a load of Green Tea bags in the cupboard - i'll send you one to try!!! but trust me you wouldn't like it!:-?