What can you post to Australia?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

Hi I want to send some chocolate (milka) to Australia to someone but i'm not sure if I can because they have very strict rules about what you can bring into the country. I looked on the customs website and its doesn't seem to mention it so does anyone know if it would be ok? :confused: I would hate to post it off and it get intercepted (eaten) by the customs officials. Can anyone help me? Maybe someone here sends chocolate all the time to aus!

(I'm in France by the way so it would be from France to Aus)
  2. vonny

vonny Member

When I went to Australia in May they are very strict about bringing food into the country. I know that when you arrive at customs you have to declare what food you have and then they make a decision as to wether or not you can take it in. I have never posted anything to Australia, but it would be wise to check first.
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

From the Australian Department of Ag., Fish., and Forestry - website here

So I suspect the answer is no, unless you're prepared for Aussie Customs to rifle through it. In the UK you can get internet companies to deliver chocolates, etc. - have you considered trying to find an aussie internet delivery company that could do it for you?

Also could you please include a world class wicketkeeper/batsman and fast bowler in any packages you send, clearly marked for the attention of Mr D. Fletcher? Thanks ;)