What band do you play for?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sparkling_quavers, Nov 26, 2002.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Translation, please!!!

2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

i was just posting in cliveese!!!!

3. Principal, solo, and first????
    :confused:

4. barrytone

barrytone Member

As you know Di, I'm that good! Hope things are going well with band and perhaps run across you all soon.

5. What Frances said (but for me ;) :tongue: ) hope all's well at HB guys, keep up the good work!

6. Cheers , Clive! Everything's going well even though we played pooh at the Areas! Never mind, onwards and upwards!!:D

7. brianatb

brianatb Member

Rep cornet, Annan town band.

8. barrytone

barrytone Member

Cheers , Clive! Everything's going well even though we played pooh at the Areas! Never mind, onwards and upwards!!:D

Off Topic, apologies! Heard your performance Di, thought it was quite good, beat us anyway and we played well. As you say onwards and upwards, don't place too much emphasis on result of one contest, band's being doing great up to now, no reason why it won't continue.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  9. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Thought I'd update...

Still on Sop with City of Cambridge, although I did a stint with Soham Comrades in 2005 because I couldn't make the 1st section areas that year!

I also play in a brass quintet called Strong brass and I've been with a Cheezy disco style Function Band Called Disco Inferno for about 18 months now.

Also..I play in some orchestras, in fact in the next couple of weeks, I'm playing in the Cambridge Philharmonic Society and Cambridge Orchestra but I'm not a regular member of either

10. Captain

Captain New Member

Bb Bass Phoenix West Midlands Brass Band (Midlands 2nd section Champions 2007)

11. Souter

Souter Member

Flugelhorn or front row Selkirk Silver in the picturesque Scottish Borders. 26 years and counting!!

12. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Update from my last post (2 years ago).... currently playing flugel for Marlow Town Band (non contesting and I'm really enjoying having a break from doing contests for a while) and also play 1st trumpet in the Misbourne Symphony Orchestra. All good fun. :)

13. Easy Slider

Easy Slider New Member

Bass trombone, Greley Colliery Band - (Midlands first section champions -2007, woohoo!!) :D

14. MISS PITCH

MISS PITCH Member

MID SUSSEX

Youth/Senior

BRASS BAND!

Principle cornet - youth band
    (even though I wave the stick every now and then [badly btw])

Front Row (in training)
    - Senior band

Have only ever played with MSBB - i'm loyal like that :D
    (9 years and counting)

FAYE xxx

15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Greley Colliery??? Strange, I can't find them in the list of competing bands! :rolleyes: :confused:

16. beccawheeze2

beccawheeze2 Member

I play for Cubbington Silver - 4th Section Champions Midlands Area 2007.
    :woo

17. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Principle/principal :confused: 2nd cornet - Raunds Temps (used to be flugel)

18. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I admire your loyalty - but not exactly true - thanks very much for helping Brighton at the Areas ;):tup - I hope you enjoyed it (although not the result :( )

Topic!!!!! I play for Redbridge Brass (Ah! My signature says that!!!)

19. Markbone

Markbone Member

I play for Campbeltown Brass - try an find it on the map

20. kenbo

kenbo New Member

I play for Eccles Borough band, second trombone. I think we do alright. :cool:

Les Webb is our MD and good guy.:clap: