What are you doing AS WELL AS rehearsing for the area?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dizzy068, Mar 5, 2008.

1. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

Hi folkies

I know from past experience that any contest and in particular the area seems to magnetically attract other important events in your life, family weddings, impending births, job interviews....the one weekend a year you DON'T want it on its scheduled for......

Personally I'm studying hard for my promotion exams at work which are on the Tuesday morning after the NW areas......was wondering what other folk are trying to fit in around their rehearsal schedule - apart from normal family/work/life??:confused:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi folkiesI
    family weddings
    life
    normal family
    work
  3. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Taking a week of work, getting the car M.O.T.'d - or to be more accurate having the car fail the M.O.T. unless I spend what seems a ridiculous amount of money !

4. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

thankfully all my important things are after the area, which i have already done anyway, b ut i know what you mean, everything always seems to happen at once.

5. groovy

groovy Active Member

I have 3 vet med exams over the next two days...but all I can think about is bloomin' James Cook! Ahh!
    Someone in our band is also on jury duty this week.

6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I'm getting ready to go to America for 3 months to teach small little American people! I leave on Wednesday morning! Very excited! :D

7. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I've got a funeral the day after our areas :(
    And also a couple of mock A Level exams, and a 25 minute recital. How anyone is supposed to concentrate on perfecting 'Slavische Fantasie' when you've got snippets of 'Festival Music' running through your hard is beyond me!

8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm preparing for Annie Get Your Gun, at Harrogate Royal theatre, with the Deanery players. 3 rehearsals a week, thank god we got our area out of the way last weekend!

9. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Cambridge are rehearsing The Force of Destiny tonight ready for a concert after the Areas.

10. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

ohmigoad, that's tough doll :s

You going up for a listen on Saturday btw?

11. Blagger

Blagger Member

Preparing for OFSTED:eek: :eek

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi folkiesI
    family weddings
    life
    normal family
    work
  13. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Start playing in the stage show of The Full Monty on Sunday night (draw permitting!!)

14. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

It's my son's 1st birthday tomorrow. Plus I've the usual batch of marking, lesson planning and report writing to carry out - all with the seasick bit of the circumcisor running through my head.

15. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Getting better cos im ill, designing a website, bit of other graphic design stuff for a friend and planning a revision pack for my 6th formers for the easter holidays - joy!

16. kerrytoy

kerrytoy New Member

I played last weekend, but it was the two weeks before hand that several people at work decided to be off sick. I had to pick up shifts, leave early to go to band, sometimes i would leave work at 6:45am and not get in till 10pm

17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Trying to sort out the project I'm currently involved in at work. Not easy - we're seriously over-budget and late and we haven't even started putting the damn thing together yet.

Monday morning after the Area we have a large-ish delgation coming over from our customers' factory in the US, so I'll be spending time trying to explain why we've taken too long and spent too much designing their machine. :frown:

18. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Had a technical assessment this week, Also missing my nephews third birthday to do the area :(

19. dizzy068

dizzy068 Member

when you say playing....you do mean musically as in in the pit rather than playing as in on the stage....?!!

20. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

A series of major projects at work involving lots of weekends working.

Also doing some househunting.

21. paddo

paddo Member

that'll be the spring festival then! now our!! areas is out of the way:)

22. hicks

hicks Member

I'm spending time with the family AND doing the the area contest by taking them with me to Torquay for the weekend. I had to do something to compensate for all the extra rehearsals.