What a buzz!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by steve butler, Jun 29, 2008.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Just been out on my mountain bike for an hour. What a feeling flying down a rough track at 20 odd mph hanging on for grim death. Quickly getting splattered from head to toe in glorious mud, eyes streaming, thighs wobbling a bit (from the initial climb to the top of the hill) and all cares and worries totally banished from my mind.

I love that feeling of the wind rushing through my hair (I have some, honest) and getting back home nice and tired - but glowing!

So come on, what gives you a buzz?

2. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

When i go skiing i get a great buzz, just good fun done it most of my life, pelting it down the side of a mountain nothing more i would rather be doing!

Also something i can do a bit more often is something called Airsoft, its like paint ball but it's using BB's with realistic assault weapons.

3. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

So getting wet and cold on the bandstand today didn't give you a buzz then?! :D

4. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

I didn't get wet, the cornets did which is how it should be. Longs all the other sections are nice and dry :D But yeah i forgot band in my post! Get a buzz from band ^^

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

So, Liam where do you Airsoft? I've lectured at Dragon Valley, Elite Epsom, and the urban site in Portsmouth (well the Fort just outside it).

6. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

What gave me a buzz this weekend is knowing that horrible job in Parwich is over for another year.

7. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

UCZ "the bunker" Exeter
    UCZ "Forest" Newton Abbot
    Rcon Paintball "Old Castle" Plymouth
    Groundzero Hampshire
    Ultimate Airsoft Bristol

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Didn't know there was a place in Exeter or Bristol. I must look it up.

9. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

My Dad wrote his bike off after crashing it at 30mph!

10. steve butler

Ouch! Was he ok?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    odd mph
    eyes
    glorious mud
    rough track
    thighs
  12. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Surprisingly yes. I can't remember if he broke his collar bone or just hurt it. His friends took him to hospital but he discharged himself because he was scared my mum would shout at him! He's now been forced to give it up and does some crazy walking up mountains and stuff. I think I make it sound like he just pops out for a walk but his photos from his trips are amazing.

13. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Getting to the top of the hill!

Helvellyn's a particular favourite.....:)

14. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Driving!
    Just got back from a driving lesson and managed to make ZERO mistakes thw hole way through...may be nearly ready to take my test : )

15. steve butler

Up striding edge of course?

What used to give me a buzz was running back down from the summit like a lemming :biggrin:
    dis-engage brain etc etc.

16. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Not neccesarily, if it's icy/snowy I'll go up from the Thirlmere side. I'd hate to get collected in a bucket by the mountain rescue!

One time it was so icy on the north side I slid down most of it on my a$$ :cool:

17. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Must admit, after many many days exploring Snowdonia I was looking forward to Striding edge \ Helvellyn but when I finally did it late one evening last year it seemed a sad let-down compared to e.g. Tryfan \ Crib goch.

I agree with Steve though - after continuing round via Swirral edge to Catstye Cam you can run flat out down the hill to the pub in Glenridding - far more exciting than going up it.

Running down the scree slope from Glyder Fawr in Snowdonia is quite fun too - it's a nightmare to walk down it carefully trying not to slip but if you just let yourself go and run it's really enjoyable (unless your knee \ ankle gives way, when it's deadly, but try not to think about that).

18. steve butler

:biggrin: You can't beat a good scree run Ron! Now that is a buzz

PS agree fully about Tryfan (fantastic classical hill) and crib goch (super ridge) especially when not too many slow coaches about ;)

19. I get a buzz from being on stage and it all goes to plan - you walk off on such a high to the nearest bar! Love contesting - most folk think I'm a freak haha!