Whaley Bridge Band, 4th Section, Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by horny 2, Sep 18, 2008.

1. horny 2

horny 2 New Member

Whaley Bridge Band are attempting to re-establish themselves within the Brass Band world! Currently operating as unregistered we are in need of the following players:

Front row cornets
    Soprano cornet
    Back row cornets
    Trombones

Although any instrument is welcome to pop along for a blow!

We rehearse every Wednesday 8.00-9.30pm at Kettleshulme Village Hall.

For anyone that wishes to give us a go, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or PM horny 2.

2. horny 2

horny 2 New Member

Whaley Bridge Band are now moving towards their goal of re-establishing themselves within the Brass Band world! Currently operating as unregistered we are in need of the following players:

Front row cornet
    Soprano cornet
    Back row cornets
    Trombones

For anyone that wishes to give us a go, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or PM horny 2.

Further details can also be seen on the bands website www.whaleybridgeband.co.uk

3. horny 2

horny 2 New Member

Happy New Year!!

Whaley Bridge Band are slowly filling empty chairs for the year ahead! Our first concert of the year takes place in March and we would dearly love to see an extra few players around the stand. We are in need of the following players:

Soprano cornet
    Back row cornets
    Trombones
    Percussion

Further details can also be seen on the bands website www.whaleybridgeband.co.uk

4. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Whaley band are due to hold an Open Day on Saturday 6th June from 2pm until 4pm at the bowling club in Whaley all are welcome. It is hoped that this will allow players old, playing or new the opportunity to meet the band. Further details on the bands web site.

However we are in particular need of the following players:

Soprano cornet
    Back row cornets
    Trombones
    Percussion

For anyone that wishes to give us a go, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or PM horny 2 / soil lover

Many thanks
    Marcus Jones AKA Soil Lover
    MD Whaley Bridge Band

5. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Open Day

The Whaley Band Open Day on Saturday 6th June is drawing near - its from 2pm until 4pm at the bowling club in Whaley. We have had intrest from some new recruits but all are welcome.

Further details on the bands web site.

Soprano cornet
    Back row cornets
    Trombones
    Percussion

We rehearse every Wednesday 8.00-9.30pm at Kettleshulme Village Hall - although should we get enough new recruits a training night will be sorted!!

For anyone that wishes to give us a go, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or PM horny 2 / soil lover

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  6. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Growing, but more still needed

The band are slowly but surely growing in numbers but will still welcome any new members;

Soprano cornet
    Back row cornets
    Trombones
    Percussion

We now also have our learner afternoon / evening established on a Tuesday at "Footsteps" in Whaley town centre. :clap:

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

7. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones & Percussion

Having started the growth of the band this time last year from 11 players we are no up to regular rehearsals of 18 + 3 guests. However we wold dearly love to fit the final pieces of our jigsaw so are particularly looking for;

Trombones
    Percussion

Although any instrument is more than welcome ;

The bands learner afternoon / evening is now well established on a Tuesday at "Footsteps" in Whaley town centre, with half a dozen learners covering a wide age profile - so "if you want a to try and a blow give it a go".

For anyone intrested, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or contact myself, "soil lover"

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

8. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones & Percussion

Tommers & Shed Builders where are you?? The Band as now grown to a point where theese are the only positions we have gaps in so we would dearly love to hear from you. Even if only to help us with our return to contesting at Buxton and the Whits!!

Current Vaccancies

Trombones - all chairs
    Percussion - both types

The bands learner afternoons / evenings are now well established on a Tuesday & Thursday at "Footsteps" in Whaley town centre, with a dozen learners covering a wide age profile - so "if you want a to try and a blow give it a go".

For anyone intrested, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or contact myself, "soil lover"

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  9. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones & Percussion

The Band as now grown to a point where theese are the only positions we have gaps in :clap: so we would dearly love to hear from you. Even if only to help us with our return to contesting at Buxton and the Whits!! We also have some exciting projects linned up for later in the year!!

Current Vaccancies

Trombones - all chairs
    Percussion - both types

Although any instrument is more than welcome

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

10. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones & Percussion - PLEASE !!!!

Please help fill our remaining gaps even if only to help us with our return to contesting at Buxton and the Whits!!

We also have some exciting projects linned up for later in the year!! News to follow shortly.........

Current Vaccancies

Trombones - all chairs
    Percussion - both types

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Whaley Bridge Band
    4th Section
    Brass Band
    cornetsTrombones
    cornetsSoprano cornetBack
  12. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones & Percussion

Hi All,

Although now sorted for Buxton we still need to fill these gaps on a perminant basis. Come along and have a chat at Buxton to see what a nice bunch we are :D, we may even buy you a pint......:eek:

Current Vaccancies

Trombones - all chairs
    Percussion - both types

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

13. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Nearly There!!!

The Band has done great things in getting itself going again and are so very neraly at a full band (not many can say that). We would love to fill our final few seats in time for the "Winter" period (Dont want to use the Chri...word yet) and look towards competing at the area in 2011.

Current Vaccancies

Bass Trombone
    BBb Bass
    Percussion - both types

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

14. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Players Needed for Year Ahead

Hi All,

Those that have followed our re-growth will see that the band is so nearly at a full team, but could do with filling the final few gaps. Although we aren't competing at the areas this time we have planned Buxton, Whit Friday and Bolsover, we also have a good concert diary.

Current Vaccancies

Bass Trombone
    BBb Bass
    Percussion - both types

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

15. kenb

kenb New Member

Hi, I am looking to get back into banding. I was the drummer for Mossley Brass Band many years ago(I played with them for seven years) but had to give up playing due to work commitments. As my circumstances have now changed I feel I can now commit to banding again.
    As I say I have'nt played for a number of years but was at a decent standard when I packed in.
    If you want a chat or to meet up please contact me on 01457 876846 or e-mail ken.burke@live.co.uk.
    If not or you are sorted, good luck for the year ahead.
    Regards,
    Ken.

16. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Whaley Bridge are an extremely pleasant, friendly band with an excellent MD and some extremely talented players. I can vouch for that. I wish them all the best in filling the few empty seats they have left.

17. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones

Tommers where are you??

Our Andrew has even changed his aftershave in an attempt to get some friends!! The Band as now grown to a point where theese are the only positions we have gaps in, so we would dearly love to hear from you. Even if only to help us with contesting at Buxton and the Whits (we have some decent concerts coming up too) !!

Current Vaccancies

Trombones - all chairs (Andrew will sit top or 2nd with the right person - he's not fussy)

The bands learner afternoons / evenings are now well established on a Tuesday & Thursday at "Footsteps" in Whaley town centre, with a dozen learners covering a wide age profile - so "if you want a to try and a blow give it a go".

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

18. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones

TROMBONES - This is now the only rank in the band where we are short in numbers. The band offers a good level of playing without being over the top with jobs and contests. We have well attended rehearsals (20+ every time) just once a week on a Wednesday in Kettleshulme Village Hall, then a swift half in the Swan after!!!

Current Vaccancies

Trombones - all chairs (current player will sit top or 2nd with the right person)

Although all instruments are more than welcome, we work an open door policy ;

The bands learner afternoons / evenings are now also well established on a Tuesday & Thursday at "Footsteps" in Whaley town centre, with learners covering a wide age profile - so "if you want a to try and a blow give it a go". Also Learner Band on a Friday

For anyone intrested, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or myself, "soil lover"

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

19. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombone Vaccancies

With our Sponsorship renewed and Doubled we are keen to get to a full band to help keep our growth going.

TROMBONES - This is now the only rank in the band where we are short in numbers. The band offers a good level of playing without being over the top with jobs and contests. We have well attended rehearsals (20+ every time) just once a week on a Wednesday in Kettleshulme Village Hall.

Current Vaccancies

Trombones - all chairs (current player will sit top or 2nd with the right person)

The bands learner afternoons / evenings are now also well established on a Tuesday & Thursday at "Footsteps" in Whaley town centre, with learners covering a wide age profile - so "if you want a to try and a blow give it a go". Also Learner Band on a Friday

For anyone intrested, please contact Lorraine Jenkins on 01298 815069 or myself, "soil lover"

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  20. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Trombones

TROMBONES - This is now the only rank in the band where we are short in numbers. The band offers a good level of playing without being over the top with jobs and contests. We have well attended rehearsals (20+ every time) just once a week on a Wednesday in Kettleshulme Village Hall - don't forget the pint(or lemonade) in the Swan after!!!

Current Vaccancies

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

21. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

The band offers a good level of playing without being over the top with jobs and contests. We have well attended rehearsals (20+ every time) just once a week on a Wednesday in Kettleshulme Village Hall

Current Vaccancies

Cornets - We need a couple of cornet players - Principle is available to the right applicant

Trombones - 2nd & Bass

Many thanks
    MD Whaley Bridge Band
    Mob - 07973852051

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Whaley Bridge Band
    4th Section
    Brass Band
    cornetsTrombones
    cornetsSoprano cornetBack