Weston-super-Mare Own Choice Contest 2009

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Greg Lovell, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Greg Lovell

Greg Lovell New Member

Some people may have noticed that the programme at this weekend's West of England Regional at Torquay gives the date of this year's Weston contest as Saturday 17th May 2009. Please note that this is an error and that the contest is actually on SUNDAY 17th May.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
  2. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

I am looking forward to another day in Weston already :)
  3. jackocorn

jackocorn Member

They also have the 2010 Regional dates as "Saturday 13th" and "Sunday 15th" March!
    Is that some new kind of leap year?

Time to sack their poof reeder?
  4. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

It maybe for the 2 adjudicators to discuss the placings before announcing the results from day 1!
  5. Deano

Deano Member

Has anyone received their entry form yet?
  6. Are the details for the Contest on-line? What is generally the Prize money?
  7. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Hope to be taking 2 bands down, Goodwick and Corus Port Talbot, who do we contact? and can you play your own section and the 1 above?
  8. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

We are going, a lovely contest and day out, we are playing....../....../.../.........../......///........ Oh, sorry you are not allowed to know, but I call on you all to attend the most enjoyable contest of the year, the seaside, a great changing rooms, loads of room, relaxed atmosphere, you have cheap good food right next to you. a bar right next to the contest hall, take the family, they will love it and never even get near a band. Prize money, sorry mr Hogg, can`t remember, nice contest though, i`m not associated with it at all, but apart from the De-Montfert hall in leicester, I can`t think of anywhere I would like to go, just for a blow!.
  9. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Contact is Mr Colin Rossiter on 01934 514960. Entry is £25 made payable to North Somerset Council closing date is April 4th 2009. I believe you can enter 2 sections but I am not 100% sure. Hope that helps.
  10. Portishead will be there - bring it on!! After a great weekend in Torquay we're all up for it.

We love Weston contest - great venue, brilliantly well organised and sociable day. Looking to keep up our good form there.

Who else can we expect to see in the 1st Section?
  11. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Yes, I always enjoy the contest and have probably played in the 10 or so in the Champ/1st Section. Lympstone will be there in that section Lympstone to join Portishead and Chalford so far. I think that Newbridge played in the Champ/1st when they were 2nd Section and were told it was possible as long as the section was not at its limit of entries so I suppose precedent should go to any other bands wanting to play in a higher section - not sure about bands being able to play in two sections though!!

See you all there!
  12. euph77

euph77 Member

Who else is going? I haven't played their before but looking forward to it this year with City of Bristol.
    Does anyone have any predictions?
  13. QAD

QAD Member

Bream will be there in the third section. Hoping to put the Regionals behind us and return to Pontin's form where we can 2nd in the 3rd section. Having won the fourth section for the last three years we're looking to make an impact in the third.
  14. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

We are not going this year. We were going to play Land of the Long White Cloud so its a bit disappointing but there you go. As we got promotion and another trip to Harrogate we have decided to save money and spend this time working and working and working to get to the required standard for next year. Also a couple of key players cannot make that date. So see you in Torquay next March but feel free to borrow some of us!
  15. Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis Member

A week to go to the best contest of the year.

any news about who's going or withdrawn?

Portishead are going in the open section (champ/1st)
  16. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

We're (Newbridge Celynen) going in the champ/1st section.
  17. jim

jim Member

Douse anyone have any times of all the sections at all? Myself and a small contingent from my band (Flowers) are planning on going to support the contest?
  18. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Are tMP covering it this year?
  19. Excellent - will be good to catch up mate. Send us a text and let me know what you're playing ;oP
  20. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I'll be there, with Jackfield. looks like i'm up against a few tmp friends!!!