Weston Super Mare Own Choice 20 May

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Alan MacRae, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

Always enjoyed this contest in the past, but this will be the first time I've conducted there. Who's going then?

2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Lympstone South West Telecoms Band will be there in the Championship/First Section. Will be my 6th Weston I think....the rest were with Rogerstone who will be there in the Second Section. Usually quite a few Welsh bands with a some from the west country....others have been known to come down from further north.

Check out tMP's coverge of this from last year....was rather good. It will be a good day if the sun is out and the tide is in!!

See you all there.:tup

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yup - tMP will be there again this year covering the entire contest - every band in each section will get a live review posted on tMP. Look out for an imminent announcement.

4. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

Just looked back over last year's coverage, and totally agree with all that was said. Excellent coverage. I'll see if we can dig out an extra score for you, John.

Why don't we all try to do that?

5. TheMusicMan

Excellent Alan... we really had a superb day at WSM last year. It is hard work ensuring every band is covered and gets a write up, and I can't in any way suggest I am as good as any adjudicator, but I do offer another perspective of your performance - based simply on what I hear on the day.

I really enjoyed last years event, hopefully this year, with an official invite from the contest controllers at WSM, will be even better.:tup

just bring your score on the day to my table at the back of the hall (with your bands name on it though!!) and I will do the business.

6. smi00107

smi00107 New Member

I think we (Blaenavon Town Band) will be there in 3rd Section. Not sure what we're playing yet.
    I think a lot of Welsh bands attend because it's just across the bridge and also in the same week as the local Ebbw Vale contest so most Welsh bands have a worked up test piece to perform.

7. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I really enjoyed Weston last year when I played for Leicester CO-Op.It was the 1st time I had been there and found that it was really well organised.And the chippy was only just around the corner from the venue.(Fantastic)I don't know whether I will be there this year.I have not been asked.

CubbRep....Midlands Area 4th section Champions..

8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'll be there with Lympstone...I enjoyed last year, hopefully this year will be even better! :)

9. Lisa

Lisa Member

I'll be there...with a band hopefully...not quite sure who yet!:dunno

I love Weston contest. Such a good relaxing day out, when it's sunny, with all of the beer gardens by the sea :)

10. Lisa

Lisa Member

Is there a list available yet of all the bands in each section?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Weston Super Mare
    Choice
    contest
    time
  12. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

I don't think so, Lisa. But it should be available soon, now that entrance application is closed (or very nearly - I'm sure it's this week)

BTW, are you still registered with Gillingham? Come and play 2nd triangle for us :p

13. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Hyde are going and we are playing *********** (title edited as per tMP policy for Own Choice contests) . Rehearsals are going quite well though i don`t know who will be playing solo horn as our brilliant Mark is getting married and then travelling around most of the world for six months. He will miss the National Finals as well. (Boo Hoo)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  14. TheMusicMan

Update: tMP officially at WSM again this year - here is the announcement. So, if you are going and you want us to review your performance, please remember to bring along a spare score or Solo Ct part and drop this to us at the back of the hall before you play.

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?p=526956#post526956

15. GOLDEN BALLS

GOLDEN BALLS New Member

Tylorstown Arriva Wales band will be there playing ????????????????
    Looking forward to it.

16. ian_b

ian_b Member

Croft Silver will be going this year in 4th section. First time in 7 years we been.

17. no2taz

no2taz Member

Newbridge band will be going

18. TheMusicMan

Excellent - don't forget your spare Score or Solo Ct parts yeah :) You were fantastic last year... clear winners by a mile.

19. rachael

rachael Member

Portishead Town Band will be there in 2nd section. (1st section next year! yikes! ;) )

20. PPP

PPP Member

Wincanton will be there in the 4th Section. Hopefully we can improve on the areas ;)

21. TheMusicMan

Can I ask A favour folks... if you post in here please let me know if you intend bringing a spare score or solo ct part for us... will make our prep easier. Ta.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Weston Super Mare
    Choice
    contest
    time