Weston-Super-Mare Contest 2012

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by BassBlaster, Mar 21, 2012.

1. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Right, Paddy Flower Predictions please, when all the entries are in :), but first, Who is going? Chalford are playing in the Open Section.........Not allowed to say which piece, because we don`t know yet, its an own choice. So when Posting leave out piece of music!!.
  2. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

Leicester coop are planning to attend in the 1st section.
  3. yoshi77

yoshi77 Member

Severn Tunnel will be there in the 4th Section :)
    Still looking for Eb and Bb bass players and cornets to complete the band for this contest and the National Finals!
    Call me on 07531 106822 if interested!
  4. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I'll be there, in the bar, thatchers gold, thank you very much!
  5. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

So Its Chalford, Leicester Coop in Champ/1st : Severn Tunnel 4th : Chris Hicks in the bar.....I think I will join you :)
  6. Lanner and district plan to be there in the open section also :)
  7. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Excellent, lets hope Brunel also turn up!!!. So we meet again, raises eyebrow......
  8. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

Sorry we won't be at Weston, have a concert the night before and youngsters preparing for examinations so we give them space to prepare. We'll see you again in Cheltenham.
  9. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

It will be great to see you at Cheltenham, you have been brilliant over the last few years, hope we both do as well as Aldbourne and Bournemouth did last year!!!. but back on thread, Weston is a very nice day out, for family and band.
  10. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I think Kidlington are planning to attend this year. Although a guest conductor will be taking them as I am working abroad. I hope he has better luck at Weston than me!
  11. flugman

flugman New Member

Verwood Concert Brass will be there!
  12. Adamshorn

Adamshorn New Member

Michelmersh Silver Band are going and will be in the Open section so its 2,3 and 4 from the WoE 1st sectional regionals going! Come on Brunel, you know you want to!
  13. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

Good luck to all of the bands attending!
  14. Gazabone

Gazabone Member

Looks to be shaping up for an interesting day; looking forward to it.
  15. chill

chill Member

Unfortunately Sandhurst will not be able to make it this year, so we will have to hand the silverware back :-(
    Shame as it was a great day out last year. Hopefully we will be back in 2013.
  16. Tasty. How many more from the west of england are gonna turn up? ;)
  17. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Yep, I can confirm - Nigel Howard will be taking us there
  18. lannerfalcon

lannerfalcon Member

Looking like a great line up for the open section, Paddy's going to have his work cut out calculating the odds for this one!
  19. no2taz

no2taz Member

Might pop on down if I'm free.. been a long time since played at this contest.. back in the Newbridge days..
  20. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

We will be there in the 2nd section :)