Weston Super Mare 2005

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by vcbjet, Apr 9, 2005.

1. vcbjet

vcbjet Member

Just a quick shout to see who is going to Weston this year? VCB will be going, looking forward to it as Weston is always a great weekend. Does anybody know which adjudicator is doing which section. I think Malcom Brownbill is doing 4th/3rd and Roy Roy is doing 2nd/1st&Champ, not sure though!
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I know that Soundhouse Brass will be going this year... and all the best to them!!! and I guess that their rivals Lympstone wil be going as well... (2nd section)

Dont know who's adjudicating I'm afraid!.. dont care either!! :lol: ;-) (may the best band win!!!)

:biggrin: :clap: :biggrin: :clap: :biggrin:
  3. Di

Di Active Member

I've just been asked to dep with Leicestershire Co-op Band, so The Vixter and I shall be there. :biggrin:
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

When is this contest this year?
  5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

15th May 2005
  6. Lisa

Lisa Member

I'm going with Gillingham Band! :) (think there is another of this thread somewhere...)
  7. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

The first time ever! (apart from the areas obviously).. that I'm watching.. and mums playing... :sup;)

Wooooo I'm gonna be Mumsie for the day! ... :biggrin:

<Insert lots of talking and gabbling here, (which will be used properly on the day of course)>.... ahem... ... Just practising :biggrin:;)
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

What a change for the books, eh Vic?!
  9. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Crystal Palace are going (2nd or 1st section - not sure if its done on National or local grading).

Good Luck to them. :tup
  10. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I gets to meet vicki next week at weston!!! how lucky am I?????
  11. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Portishead town band are going and pretty sure Newbridge Celynen are going! Roy Roe and Malcom Brown are both adjudicating the third section i think!
  12. MAW

MAW Member

We are going in the 4th section. Newport Borough Brass.
    Adjudicator Malcom Brownbill or Roy Roe. They are doing 3rd and 4th.
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Take it from me, it ain't THAT exciting. :biggrin:;)

TIMBONE Active Member

Weston-super-Mare is the place to be on 15th May. I won't be there, (although I was on and off for the first 15 years of my life), but my Dad will be at the contest. If you don't know what he looks like, he is on my website.

If you are in that area on 24th September, go and hear a concert in memory of my Mum. Weston Brass are playing, plus a lovely Welsh choir from Haverfordwest.

15. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

16. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

The Rogerstone Band will be there again in the Championship/First Section. Anybody know of any other band entering in this section?
  17. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

US !
  18. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Have you found a Bass bone yet?
  19. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Yes, Paul from Aldbourne is helping us out.

We still seem to be keeping to our usual system of not having a 'full' band at a rehearsal until the day of the contest though !. For a variety of very good reasons, at least 1 player is missing from every rehearsal again :mad: .
  20. welshraz

welshraz Member

After a long absence from these boards, I would like to say that Pontypool Brass will be at Weston (and Ebbw Vale)!! We are hoping for good things this weekend and because its my birthday (as if I need an excuse) there will be plenty of drinking and celebrating whatever the result. See you all there!