Westoe Brass Band, North East, Champ Section, Trombone and BBb Bass

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by geordiecolin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Please see later posts for current vacancies.

Thank you. :)

Westoe Brass Band, 1st Section, North East requires bass (EEb and BBb), trombone (tenor and bass) and a 1st Horn player in order to complete our line up for the forthcoming area contest in Darlington.

The band has achieved good results in recent years and currently sits joint top of the 1st section so promotion is a possibility this year.

The band rehearses in Christchurch Hall, Grange Road, Jarrow and will be conducted at the contest by Steve Malcolm (EEb Bass, Reg Vardy Band).

If you are interested in any of the above seats, please PM or email myself.

www.westoeband.co.uk

2. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Best of luck Colin.

To anyone who is looking for a band I would strongly recommend Westoe. I have many good friends in the band. They are a warm, friendly, welcoming band and I have no doubt that they will do very well at the North of England regionals this year with Steve Malcolm at the helm.

Not only do they perform well on the contest stand, they have a great social scene as well; which ever way you look at it they are a great band.

And, for bass players only, you get to be a member of the legendary 'Team Bass'

3. geordiecolin

The award winning Team Bass no less. Cheers for post Dan.

Anyway, we've filled the EEb chair but are still looking for a BBb player and some bomtrones.

4. geordiecolin

The horn seat is now filled. Looks like we have cover for trombone seats for the area, but the two tenor trombone seats are still available for anyone who would be willing to commit to the band on a permanent basis.

We could still do with another BBb Bass as well.

5. geordiecolin

Quality Bb Bass and Trombone players required for friendly and ambitious band recently promoted to Championship Section based in the North East.
    We have a full and varied programme of concerts and contests planned, all other players welcome.

For an informal chat, please contact Keith Nicholson on 07786 555 347
    or email secretary@westoeband.co.uk or visit www.westoeband.co.uk
    Rehearsals each Tuesday 7:30-9:30pm and Sunday 5:30-7:30pm at ChristChurch in Jarrow, Tyne & Wear.