Westoe Band - South Shields Customs House

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by geordiecolin, Nov 12, 2008.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Saturday 15th November, 7.30pm

South Shields Customs House

Tickets £7 from Customs House and selling fast!

Westoe Brass Band, in partnership with South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust, presents a special ‘Evening of Brass’ in aid of South Tyneside Healthcare Trust's Sponsor a Bed Appeal.

Westoe Band will provide an evening of outstanding music in this annual concert, now in its 7th year and will give an exclusive preview of tracks from their new CD

Programme to include (amongst others):

Shine as a Light
    Windows of the World
    Tyrolean Tubas (feat. Team Bass)
    Local Hero
    The New Colonial
    Slavische Fantasie
    Indiana Jones

South Shields Customs House
  2. geordiecolin

P.S If we follow the tradition of the last two years, the compere for the evening should be I believe, one of the ITV TyneTees newsreaders, but I'm not sure which - either Jonathan Morrell or Phillippa Tomson. Apologies if this turns out to be complete baloney though!!
  3. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

The same night as Brighouse at the Sage in gatesehead.....good planning!!!
  4. geordiecolin

Yeah we know, but thanks for pointing that out to anyone who may have been interested, that's really what our advert needed.
  5. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

The Sage is already sold out.........and my post won't make any difference to your concert.

and don't try to blame other people because of poor planing!!
  6. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Member

It's not really poor planning...Why would you write such a provocative post?
  7. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

If it's not poor planning to arrange a concert in a theatre the same night as one of the top brass bands in the UK are appearing in a venue 8 miles away what would you call it???
  8. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

if the sage is sold out why bring it up at all. I'm sure there are enough peple left in the North East to fill both theatres providing they're both well advertised which is what Colin was trying to do here. I don't have a ticket to the Sage and if I finish work early enough I will be there to support Westoe and a very worthy cause.
  9. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

my initial post was an almost sympathetic bet you went D'oh when you realised....ironic type of comment....when I read the post I rang family members in south shields to mention it to them and got a "Yeah I know but we have tickets for the sage bought them 6 months ago, why the same night" type of comment!!
  10. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Member

It didn't sound "Ironic" so much as sarcastic. Anyway, I'm not going to get into a petty argument. I shan't be replying to this thread again!
  11. geordiecolin

Well, as they say, any publicity is good publicity!!

For what its worth though, we've being doing this concert on or around this weekend for 7 years now, which I believe is before BiC moved to Gateshead. So perhaps it's their poor planning to arrange a concert in a theatre the same night as one of the top brass bands in the north east are appearing in a venue 8 miles away..... ;-) ;-) ;-)
  12. GeordieSop

GeordieSop Member

If you do come along you'll be able to hear play my main instrument (cornet) instead of listening to my try my damnedest on Soprano (like in that church when i helped Murton out).

I think i've lost my tactfulness on sop (if i ever had some) after being moved back onto cornet
  13. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Unfortunately I didn't finnish work till 7.15 so I didn't make it but we were extremely grateful to you for covering sop that night for us