Westminster Instruments

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jmh3412, Oct 21, 2011.

1. jmh3412

jmh3412 Member

does anyone have any experience of Westminster Brass instruments that are making a showing up here in the north (sadly not the old Besson Westminster models - but a new outfit completely) Are they chinese clones or something different??
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

not sure why their information page mentions Boosey & Hawkes. Their downloadable pdf only shows non compensating instruments so I would only look at them as student level at best.
  4. Johncornetflugel

Johncornetflugel New Member

The picture of the factory looks more Indian than Chinese to me - Didn't B&H/Besson have a factory in India?
  5. jezza23361

jezza23361 Member

I would say that the fact that they refer to their 'Westiminster' range would make me nervous - if you can't actually spell the name of your own range on your website ........
  6. alks

alks Member

looks like a Indian / Chinese factory make it with some uk distributor branding it up and doing the selling. I fail to see how they can be 'renowned for being free-blowing, well balanced and comfortable for all players' like it says on their website. They may be all of these things but not 'renowned'. Their website is not the greatest either - could do with a bit of work on it.

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

A clue might be in their address ... Hughes Partnership Ltd, The Limes, 38 Edgwarebury Lane, Edgware, Middex, HA8 8LW, United Kingdom
  8. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Someone still makes three-valve non-compensating tubas? :shock:

They better be cheap. And even then I'd say you'd probably be better off with a sound-but-slightly-tatty 4-valve Imperial.....