West Yorks Concert Band Seeks Brass

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by WYFRSband, Aug 20, 2005.

1. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Due to retirement we are now recruiting a rep / 2nd clarinet player to join this Growing band. Any player of standard as mentioned above would be welcome for audition.

please contact via this site or use the contact page on our web site. www.wyfrsband.com

2. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Recruiting for Trombone and Tuba (Eflat Bass)

The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (www.wyfrsband.com) based just outside Leeds/Bradford in Birkenshaw currently have vacancies for a trombone player and an eflat bass player.

We are a concert band with full sections throughout the band, superb attendance and commitment to rehearsals and concerts and we have a full year of concerts ahead.

As a service type band, we also do some ceremonial work which may be of interest you as something different.

Last year we undertook a tour of Ypres where we took part in the remembrance ceremonies at the Menin Gate. This was a fantastic tour both socially and musically and gave the band a chance to take part in this very important ceremony.

This year, we have a 4 day polish visit where we are visiting Lubartow, hosted by the fire service band over there. We will be playing in a music festival amongst other gigs and are being accommodated in a lakeside setting with swimming/BBQ facilities etc. So, in essence, its going to be a good tour and its certainly not too late to add newcomers in. I think you'll agree that the tour sounds great.

Currently, we are also looking to start Dixie and dance bands as well as brass and woodwind quintets so the opportunities to expand your musical horizons are limitless really.

We have recently recorded a new CD and have plans to record a further one this year.

Socially, we attend the pub after rehearsals and also have a number of social functions throughout the year.
    I only joined the band a year ago and can honestly say that I have never met a more friendly bunch of people.
    Also, the band is happy to encourage and welcome back those who may be getting back into playing.

Anyone is of course welcome to come along for a blow and have a look at us. If you want to have a listen, then please go to our website and follow the links to the band CD and you can listen to excerpts

If anyone requires any further information, please feel free to call me on 07972 403802 or email me at louise@trumpetmajor.com

Otherwise, please take a look at our website www.wyfrsband.com

We look forward to hearing from you

Louise

3. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Tutti Cornet, Trombone and Tuba Required

In addition to our current vacancies for a trombone player and an eflat bass player, The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (www.wyfrsband.com) based just outside Leeds/Bradford in Birkenshaw currently have a vacancy for a tutti cornet player

We are a concert band with full sections throughout the band, superb attendance and commitment to rehearsals and concerts and we have a full year of concerts ahead.

As a service type band, we also do some ceremonial work which may be of interest you as something different.

Last year we undertook a tour of Ypres where we took part in the remembrance ceremonies at the Menin Gate. This was a fantastic tour both socially and musically and gave the band a chance to take part in this very important ceremony.

This year, we have a 4 day polish visit where we are visiting Lubartow, hosted by the fire service band over there. We will be playing in a music festival amongst other gigs and are being accommodated in a lakeside setting with swimming/BBQ facilities etc. So, in essence, its going to be a good tour and its certainly not too late to add newcomers in. I think you'll agree that the tour sounds great.

Currently, we are also looking to start Dixie and dance bands as well as brass and woodwind quintets so the opportunities to expand your musical horizons are limitless really.

We have recently recorded a new CD and have plans to record a further one this year.

Socially, we attend the pub after rehearsals and also have a number of social functions throughout the year.
    I only joined the band a year ago and can honestly say that I have never met a more friendly bunch of people.
    Also, the band is happy to encourage and welcome back those who may be getting back into playing.

Anyone is of course welcome to come along for a blow and have a look at us. If you want to have a listen, then please go to our website and follow the links to the band CD and you can listen to excerpts

If anyone requires any further information, please feel free to PM me, call me on 07972 403802 or email me at louise@trumpetmajor.com

Any other players also most welcome!

Louise

4. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Two new clarinet players just arrived! we just need a bass trom and tuba to come along to keep the woodwind brass balance.

All sections welcome new players as well as the stated above.

Please get in touch with lou, number on her thread, or email me at mdwyfrsband@aol.com

5. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

West Yorkshire Band Has Vacancies for Tuba,Trombone and Cornet

In addition to our current vacancies for a trombone player and an eflat bass player, The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (www.wyfrsband.com) based just outside Leeds/Bradford in Birkenshaw currently have a vacancy for a tutti cornet player

As a service type band, we also do some ceremonial work which may be of interest you as something a little different.

Last year we undertook a tour of Ypres where we took the main part in the remembrance ceremonies at the Menin Gate. This was a fantastic tour both socially and musically and gave the band a chance to take part in this very important ceremony.

This year, we have a 4 day Poland visit where we are visiting Lubartow, hosted by the fire service band over there. We will be playing in a music festival amongst other gigs and are being accommodated in a lakeside setting with swimming/BBQ facilities etc. So

Currently, we are in the process of forming a dance band as well already having established brass and woodwind quintets so the opportunities to expand your musical horizons are limitless really.

Socially, we attend the pub after rehearsals of course and also have a number of social functions throughout the year.The band never need an excuse to party but every month seems to bring a birthday and a party and its all good fun.

The band is happy to encourage and welcome back those who may be getting back into playing.
    Anyone is of course welcome to come along for a blow and have a look at us. If you want to have a listen, then please go to our website and follow the links to the band CD and you can listen to excerpts. You can even buy a CD there !

If anyone requires any further information, please feel free to PM me, call me on 07972 403802 or email me at louise@trumpetmajor.com

Any other players also most welcome!

Louise

6. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Vacancy for Cornet and Eb Bass

As part of our continuing growth and success, The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service currently has vacancies for the following instruments;

Cornet
    Eb Bass

Please see our other posts for more details about the band and forthcoming events but having met and played for HRH Princess Anne yesterday and with Chester Races, Rolls Royce gigs and a Poland tour to come to name but a few, the band has some great times ahead both musically and socially.

If you are looking for a forward thinking concert band then why not come and try us out.
    You can contact me on 07972 403802 or email trumpetmajor1@aol.com

Cheers

PLEASE SEE OTHER POSTINGS FOR MORE DETAILS

7. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Don't knock it until you have tried it!!!!!

I would like to thank all the people who have contacted me for information on the band. I would just like to say that if your a brass band player and feel "why would I want to go to a wind band", well why not just come for a blow and see what you think.

Most of the bass parts are in treble clef and for those that are not there is an easy conversion so you can play from bass clef. Our present Tuba (bass) player is also a member of Wetherby Band. As well as a super French horn player we also have two Super Tenor Horn players with a large majority of their parts in Treble as well.

We have a rehearsal this Mon, which is our last one before the band jet of for a long weekend in Poland after that we will be back making music every Mon night, so if you fancy coming for a blow to see what you think either just pop down or contact us Via www.wyfrsband.com or PM me or Louise on this site.

Don't live life without trying Wind!!! Brass bands are great but so are Wind!

Many Thanks for reading.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  8. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Tuba player wanted-West Yorkshire

The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service is currently looking to recruit a tuba/bass player.
    We are a concert/wind band based at the Fire Service HQ near to Bradford and not only have an international reputation (an addition to this was our trip to poland this year) but also we are currently undertaking some high profile jobs.
    These include the International FireFighters Olympics in Liverpool, The Rolls Royce Society Ball,Coutts International 12 Goal Polo Weekend and joining massed Fire & Rescue Services bands to unveil the Fire Service Memorial at the National Arboretum attended by HRH the Princess Royal.
    We do have an element of marching in the band but please do not let this put you off. If you cannot march you are still most welcome. We do have members in the band who do not march.
    We also have several quintets and have recently formed a dance band. We are currently about to also debut our fanfare team at Doncaster race course.

So there is loads going on to whet any appetite.

We have well attended rehearsals and gigs and enjoy a superb social life.

We are happy to welcome people returning to blowing or those coming to Yorkshire for university this year.Just off the M62, we are ideal for most commuters, members of the band currently travelling from as far as chester,Barnsley, Harrogate etc.

Please take a look at our band website http://www.wyfrsband.com but if you want any more info, please feel free to either PM me call me on 07972 403802 or email.

Why not at least come along for a blow?

Cheers

Louise

Louise Lingard-Snape BA (Hons) FTCL LTCL

www.trumpetmajor.com
    www.ukwindbands.com
    tel 07972 403802

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  9. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Contact details please

Hi Rob
    Thanks for contacting me however I must have written down your email address wrong. Please PM me through here and I'll get back to you
    Thanks so much

Louise

10. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Band

The band is going from strength to strength, with the woodwind section growing all the time. I understand that wont bother people on this site but we do need another Tuba or two and some troms would be nice. 1 tenor and 1 bass. Please get in touch with Lou and ask us about the band, we may be what you want to try next!!

Don't knock it until you have tried it. The worst that can happen is you get wet!!! (On gala day once a year.)

11. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Band of the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service

The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service currently has vacancies in most areas of the band. These include woodwind and brass.

This band is one of only three fire service bands in the UK and as such has an amount of kudos and honour for the musicians who belong to the band. This is reciprocated in the support that we have from West Yorkshire Fire Service and in the quality of the work that we do.

We are a concert/wind band based at the Fire Service HQ near to Bradford and not only have an international reputation (an addition to this was our trip to poland this year) but also we are currently undertaking some high profile jobs.
    These include the International FireFighters Olympics in Liverpool, The Rolls Royce Society Ball,Coutts International 12 Goal Polo Weekend and joining massed Fire & Rescue Services bands to unveil the Fire Service Memorial at the National Arboretum attended by HRH the Princess Royal.

We have several quintets and have recently formed a dance band. Alongside this is the opportunity to belong to the Fanfare Team.

Over the summer, we recorded a band CD with further plans to make another one.

We offer ceremonial work and great concerts and we have well attended rehearsals. Alongside this and just as importantly, we enjoy a superb social life.

The band is happy to welcome people returning to blowing or those coming to Yorkshire for university this year.Just off the M62, we are ideal for most commuters, members of the band currently travelling from as far as chester,Barnsley, Harrogate,York etc.

Please take a look at our band website http://www.wyfrsband.com but if you want any more info, please feel free to either PM me call me on 07972 403802 or email.

Why not at least come along for a blow? You will be made very welcome.

12. roz

roz New Member

Euph player wanted!!

Hello,

We now have a Euphonium vacancy available at the band!

Rehearsals are Monday nights 7.30pm-10pm.

If you want to come to a rehearsal for a blow then we would be really pleased to see you and you would be very welcome!

Please either get back to myself (Roz) trebella_clef@yahoo.co.uk or the Band Manager Kevin Fisher on 07768261302.

Thanks!

13. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Tuba and Trombone for West Yorkshire Band

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Band

After successful recruiting in some areas of the band, we still find ourselves looking for a Trombone and Tuba.
    The concert band rehearses just once a week on a Monday from 19:30 until 22:00 at the fire service HQ Nr to Bradford W Yorks.
    We are only 1 of 3 fire service bands in the UK and currently have tours planned to Ypres, Spain, poland and Canada over the next 2 years.

We have a mix of concerts and ceremonial style work and also a mix of private and public concerts.
    We do not contest and we welcome those returning to playing and also those at university.
    Alongside the concert band we have a fanfare team, a dixie band and brass/woodwind quintets.
    We also have a great social side to the band.

We would welcome you to come along for a blow

Please see our other adverts for any further information or call me, Louise on 07972 403802
    Thanks

14. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Tuba Player Sought for Bradford Based Band

The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service currently has a vacancy for an Eb Tuba player.
    This band is one of only three fire service bands in the UK and as such has an amount of kudos and honour for the musicians who belong to the band. This is reciprocated in the support that we have from West Yorkshire Fire Service and in the quality of the work that we do.

Also, december 23rd sees us appearing on 'Look North'

We have several quintets and have recently formed a dance and dixie band. Alongside this is the opportunity to belong to the Fanfare Team.

Over the summer, we recorded a band CD with plans to make another one.

We offer ceremonial work and great concerts and we have well attended rehearsals. Alongside this and just as importantly, we enjoy a superb social life.

The band is happy to welcome people returning to blowing or those coming to Yorkshire for university or work..Just off the M62, we are ideal for most commuters, members of the band currently travelling from as far as Chester,Barnsley, Harrogate,York,Catterick etc.

Why not at least come along for a blow? You will be made very welcome.

15. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Drum Major sought for Fire Service Band

Are you ex forces, TA or have cadet marching experience? If so then we are looking for you!

The WYFRS Band is actively seeking an experienced Drum/Maj to lead the band on parade and is also confident in drill instruction.
    We are a concert band based at Fire Service HQ in Birkenshaw near Bradford and rehearse on Mondays from 19:30 until 22:00hrs.
    As a band, we perform a wide variety of jobs which include Medal Presentations, Beating Retreats and Marching Displays, Massed Band marching engagements and various private functions.
    Any interested party must be willing to attend all possible engagements and rehearsals and to become involved with the concert band as well as the marching band set up. Instruction of new and exisiting members is vital to this role as is the preparation of marching displays working alongside the Musical Director and in a conjunction with the bands Management Team.
    Knowledge of military music/marches is of course advantageous.

This is the creation of a new role within the band (although we do have a level of knowledge and ability already) and we are keen to appoint someone who can show knowledge, patience, appreciation of civilian musicians and who can display the qualities of a team member.

In return, we can offer a friendly band with well attended rehearsals and jobs including a great social life.We also offer the opportunity to travel to Ypres this year and possibly Spain and or Canada next year.

We are keen to fill this position relatively quickly and auditions will be held fairly soon in order that we can begin our marching rehearsals.

Please reply to bandsergeant@wyfrsband.com with a brief history of your experience and why this position interests you. Or call Louise on 07972 403802

Thank You

16. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Tuba Player sought for West Yorkshire Band

With a very busy year ahead of us and a very successful recruitment drive, we now have an immediate vacancy for a tuba player to complete our tuba section and our line up.
    We are a 32 piece military 'style' concert band associated to the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and rehearse on a monday night from 19:30 at the Fire Service HQ in Birkenshaw near Bradford.
    Our year ahead is full of concerts, marches and ceremonial duties as well as many social events. We are taking a trip to the Menin Gate in Ypres, Belgium in November and are also spending the year fundraising for our forthcoming trip to Nova Scotia, Canada in August 2010.

A Band tuba is available and uniform is supplied. Don't worry if you have never marched as regular tuiton is also available as well.

We also have a dixie band which performs regularly, a dance band, fanfare team and brass quintets.

If you fancy doing something different, to be part of a military style band without taking the Queens Shilling and joining a fun and enthusiastic group of people, then we would welcome you comng and giving us a try.

Generally we look for players of around the grade 6 standard.

If this is you, all enquiries will be dealt with in confidence. Thanks again for your interest and please either call me, Louise on 07972 403802 or mail joinus@wyfrsband.com

17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just a thought: might it be an idea to specify what pitch the tuba is in? One may assume it will be EEb, but there's no guarantee, particularly with it being a wind band, rather than brass, and it may help potential applicants.

18. Power Tooba

Power Tooba Member

It's a fair point Peter - and your assumption would be correct. I'm a tuba player at WYFRS band (and really a brass bander at heart!) and play on a EEb tuba, reading in treble clef as if in brass band.

The band's instrument which would be available to anyone looking to join is a EEb sovereign.

Anyone looking at coming along, please PM me or Louise, you'd be made very welcome!

Andy

19. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Tuba and Euph sought...West Yorkshire Concert Band

Tuba and Euph Player sought for West Yorkshire Band
    With a very busy year ahead of us and a very successful recruitment drive, we now have an immediate vacancy for a tuba and euph player to complete our lower brass section and our line up. To avoid condusion, by Tuba in a wind band, we mean E flat bass.
    We are a 35 piece military 'style' concert band associated to the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and rehearse on a monday night from 19:30 at the Fire Service HQ in Birkenshaw near Bradford.
    Our year ahead is full of concerts, marches and ceremonial duties as well as many social events. We are taking a trip to the Menin Gate in Ypres, Belgium in November and are also spending the year fundraising for our forthcoming trip to Nova Scotia, Canada in August 2010.

A Band tuba is available and uniform is supplied. Don't worry if you have never marched as regular tuiton is also available as well.

We also have a dixie band which performs regularly, a dance band, fanfare team and brass quintets.

If you fancy doing something different, to be part of a military style band without taking the Queens Shilling and joining a fun and enthusiastic group of people, then we would welcome you coming along and giving us a try.

We enjoy various social nights, the last one being a Mr and Mrs and Quiz night and never need an excuse to get together.

Generally we look for players of around the grade 6 standard but the examination is not necessary

If this is you, all enquiries will be dealt with in confidence. Thanks again for your interest and please either call me, Louise on 07972 403802 or mail joinus@wyfrsband.com

Any other players welcome subject to availability!

20. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Band

E flat Tuba, Euphonium and French/Tenor horn sought for West Yorkshire Band

With a very busy year ahead of us and a very successful recruitment drive, we now have an immediate vacancy for an e flat tuba, euph and horn player to complete our lower brass section and our line up.
    With a full woodwind and percussion section we would like just a couple more brass to balance the band.

We are a growing 38 piece military 'style' concert band associated to the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and rehearse on a monday night from 19:30 at the Fire Service HQ in Birkenshaw near Bradford.

Don't worry if you have never marched as regular tuiton is also available as well. Also, a smart set of uniform is provided.

A tuba and french horn is also available if needed.

If you fancy doing something different, to be part of a military style band without taking the Queens Shilling, then come and join a fun and enthusiastic group of people.

Generally we look for players of around the grade 6 standard but the examination is not necessary

If this is you, all enquiries will be dealt with in confidence. Thanks again for your interest and please either call me, Louise on 07972 403802 or mail
    joinus@wyfrsband.com

Any other players welcome subject to availability!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice