West Wales Contest-Ammanford 4th October

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by MAW, Oct 2, 2008.

1. MAW

MAW Member

Does anyone know who is going to Ammanford on Saturday.:?:

We ( Newport Borough - 3rd section) are going, so is Cross Keys -2nd section and Tongwynlais - Championship section.
    I believe Pontypool are going too.
    Other than these I haven't a clue. :!: it would be nice to know. :)
  2. sop 1

sop 1 Member

anyone know what time the contest starts?
  3. MAW

MAW Member

All I know is that the 3rd section starts at 11.30.
  4. sop 1

sop 1 Member

ok thanks for that! :D
  5. jim

jim Member

10.00 Iv herd the 4th section starts, im assuming its in the School?!

All I want to do is go and support a local contest and trying to find out any details is like getting blood out of a stone!!!
  6. sop 1

sop 1 Member

lol well said mate! :)
  7. MAW

MAW Member

yes it is in the school.

Why the heck they can't publish details in advance somewhere is beyond me, they might even get an audience other than playing band members.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  8. sop 1

sop 1 Member

hear hear! there is nothing on 4barsrest either! perhaps the people who run it dont think it a "big enough contest" to have any details on it! :mad:
  9. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

It's not just this contest but we found it really difficult to find info for Ebbw Vale contest in May too and are thinking of going next year... if we find out the date before it's past!! Come on SEWBBA!
  10. sop 1

sop 1 Member

and they wonder why theres a low turn out every year! i can remember playing in these contests about 15years ago and nearly every band would turn up cos they had too! but since they changed the point system its gone downhill!
  11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I have been out of the SEWBBA band scene for some time now, but I have to say that although there were/are some lovely people running it, it always was in need of a total shake up.

Everything from locations, venues, choice of adjudicators, prize money, sponsorship (or lack of) - needed a darned good shake up.

Such a shame...
  12. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Markham in 1st are going
    Ynyshir, Crosskeys and Blaenavon in 2nd are going
    Ebbw Vale in 3rd are going
  13. jim

jim Member

By the way this wasnt a dig at anyone particuler just in case these things get taken the wrong way, but just a point really. I havnt been in a SEWBBA band for sevral years but if im free I try and go and support these contests firstley because im intrested in them and secondley its a good way to catch up with people you havn't seen etc.

If I as a bander who is looking to go carnt find details easely how on earch is anyone else gonna know about it!
  14. Deano

Deano Member

Ebbw Vale is on Saturday 16th May 2009. PM me your secretary's address and I'll pass it on to the Rob Gowing so that he can send you an entry form.
  15. Deano

Deano Member

Contest details

4th Section draw 10am start 10.30am adjudicator Tom Davoren
    3rd section draw 11am start 11.30am adjudicator Lyn Morgan
    2nd section draw 12.30pm start 1pm adjudicator Lloyd Landry
    1st section draw 2.15pm start 2.45pm adjudicator Lyn Morgan
    Champ section draw 4pm start 4.30pm adjudicator Lloyd Landry
  16. sop 1

sop 1 Member

finally! thanks for that!
  17. Deano

Deano Member

Ammanford is not run by SEWBBA.

SEWBBA is only responsible for Ebbw Vale & Treorchy.

As an executive member, we're always on the look out for help / ideas as to how we can improve the contests, we've managed to get additional sponorship to increase the prize money for Treorchy but we could do with the same for Ebbw Vale.

Maybe The Mouthpiece could sponsor a section, how about it John?
  18. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I know that my old band, Rogerstone, are going in the First Section. My last contest for Rogerstone was Ammanford, can't believe that it was two years ago. All the best to all bands attending the contest, would have come for a listen but am off to Cornwall for the weekend.
  19. trombonebabe

trombonebabe Member

Couldn't you have asked Tom at band - he should have all the details given he is one of the adjudicators!;)
  20. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Afraid not out of my pocket at the moment. It's hard enough paying out personally from my own pocket for everything you see on tMP. Might be something I'd consider sometime though.