West Pelton Community Brass Band

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by normanwalker007@aol.com, Oct 30, 2009.

1. West Pelton Community Brass Band

Presents

A WORKSHOP AND CONCERT - FEATURING ANDY HOLMES
    PRINCIPLE FLUGAL PLAYER WITH GRIMETHORPE COLLIERY BAND TOGETHER WITHMEMBERS FROM NORTH EAST BRASS, ONE OF NEWCASTLE`S PREMIER BRASS BANDS.
    TO BE HELD AT OUSTON JUNIOR SCHOOL, ARISAIG, OUSTON, CHESTER-LE-STREET CO.DURHAM. DH2 1RQ.
    ON 28TH NOVEMBER 2009 FROM 10.30AM - 5.30PM
    THE WORKSHOP 10.30AM - 4.30PM THE WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO ALL CHILDREN,WHETHER BEGINNER OR ADVANCED, AGED BETWEEN 6 & 14
    PRICE: £3.00/CHILD THE CONCERT 4.40PM - 5.30PM
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TICKETS FOR THIS CONCERT OR REQUIRE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT EITHER:MR.NORMAN WALKER: 0191-3885633
    OR MRS.ANNETTE TYRRELL AT OUSTON JUNIOR SCHOOL:0191-4102599

2. one week to go for your entry?

3. West pelton community brass band workshop and concert

featuring andy holmes principle flugal with grimthorpe colliery together with the north east brass , one of newcastle`s premier brass bands.

To held at ouston junior school,arisaig, ouston, chester-le-street. Dh2 1rq. On 28 november 2009 from 10.30am - 5.30pm

if you are interested please contact norman walker: 0191-3885633 or annette tyrrell at ouston school :0191-4102599

come and support a worthy organisation

4. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Best of luck to your venture! I went to Ouston Junior School in the 1970's. We had a an almost full brass band and our teacher Mr Coggar was an inspiration. (as well as Colin Adamson our peri) Nice to see brass back at my old starting point!

5. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

I attended the concert last year and enjoyed a tremendous night of entertainment. The playing of the young children was excellent, considering that they had only recently started playing, and the Grimethorpe small group of players were in great form.

We hear so much about the demise of lower section brass bands, but Norman Walker is to be congratulated for reversing this national trend, as he has put in to operation brass training for over 100 children in the Chester-le-Street area. Also, not forgetting that this is purely on a voluntary basis!

I look forward to attending this year on 28 November 2009.

Keith Quinn

6. dak

dak New Member

I have known Norman for a number of years, he has always pushed and encouraged young players with his "can do attitude", I hope this venture experiences the success your hard work deserves.

David kendall